Tank Battle of 73 Easting: USA Roasts Weenies

if you're interested in tank history, this battle is a really interesting one that doesn't get as much coverage. huge-scale tank battle early in operation desert storm. thanks to us technological superiority, it was a lopsided but very, very bloody victory.

regarded as the last great tank battle of the 20th century.

2 Likes

For later

also of note: bradley fighting vehicles got a bad rap in the beginning of thier life cycle, but they were dialed in pretty good and used to great effect in this battle

My cousin was a tanker in that battle. He blew up a lot of mofos, said it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

in 4 later

My best friend from HS, was at West Point  in the mid/late 90's.  He said HR McMaster came to one of their tactics and did a full breakdown of the battle.  Pretty interesting stuff he said

burk -

My best friend from HS, was at West Point  in the mid/late 90's.  He said HR McMaster came to one of their tactics and did a full breakdown of the battle.  Pretty interesting stuff he said

Thats the guy trump fired wasn't it?

That 46 minute video seemed like it was over in 10..... good stuff. Amazing how technology wins battles. There’s like 5 countries that could wipe any nation off the face of the earth in less than a day except for those other 4-5 countries... kinda scary but I’m glad I live in one of those 5 lol... is Canada one of those countries? How strong is their military? I love Canadians tho, so I’m glad we are neighbors & friendly 

Thanks for posting that. I watched that a long time ago but it was great to see it again. When I was in the Marines I was in a supply company attached to 1st Tank Battalion at Camp Pendleton so I have always liked shows on tank warfare.

Sub a dub dub

Dugs95 - 

That 46 minute video seemed like it was over in 10..... good stuff. Amazing how technology wins battles. There’s like 5 countries that could wipe any nation off the face of the earth in less than a day except for those other 4-5 countries... kinda scary but I’m glad I live in one of those 5 lol... is Canada one of those countries? How strong is their military? I love Canadians tho, so I’m glad we are neighbors & friendly 

for a number of reasons but even due to just the proximity alone, our military is canada's military if things were to go to that world power scale. obviously, they're also also a british commonwealth

ttt for later

AnotherTMAguy -
burk -

Thats the guy trump fired wasn't it?

same

ttt

Later

Can any one find a break down of the Iraqi armor that they faced... I thought initially it was T72s for MBTs but there seems to be T62s and T55s mentioned. 

What was their APCs... I am thinking BTR60s or did they have BMPs? 

I got 6 min into the video and left. The winners get to write history. I’m a proud American. I was a kid when this happened. At 6 min he mentions a song the American armor units blasted over speakers, what song is that? 

ride of the valkyries