Tanner or Lawler?

well on paper its rob by sprawl and brawl. but in reality who knows...

I dont think Robbie was naturally 170, I think he cut a lot of weight before fights.

Tbidness

I bet 155 to win 100 online on Tanner

I'll be rooting for Tanner. Hope he wins.

Robbie didnt look that great in his last fight and I havent seen anything to make me believe he has changed in any way.

I`ll have to go with Tanner even though I saw him get punched out by Franklin .

Phil Baroni's thoughts on the fight:

"This is a fight to help decide who belongs among the cream of the crop at 185 pounds. Neither guy has a granite chin, but both guys have showed a lot of heart recently. I had Tanner in trouble and he fought back, and Lawler was trying to continue his fight when got knocked out, so neither guy is going to want to quit. That makes this an interesting fight.

It is up to Tanner to dictate the pace of the fight. He’s the bigger, more experienced guy. I expect him to come out, grab Lawler, slam him to the ground pretty quickly and start using his elbows early. If he can do that, he can end the fight because there is going to be a significant size difference between the two men, and that really starts to come into play when the guys are grappling or wrestling.

Honestly, I don’t expect Lawler to have devastating one-punch knockout power at middleweight. He certainly hits hard, but I question his true one-punch knockout power because guys went the distance with him at welterweight. But anything can happen in the Octagon. If Lawler clips Tanner squarely in the chin, he has the power to knock him out.

In order to do that, Lawler must explode onto Tanner early in the fight with straight left hands and right hooks, and get him moving backwards. That is the best way to get Tanner out of there – explode on him early and try to end the fight quickly, because Tanner is somewhat of a slow starter.

If Robbie tries to box on the outside, Tanner will take advantage of Lawler’s susceptibility to leg kicks to get him off balance and then move in for the clinch. If he gets Lawler in the clinch, things will go badly very quickly for Ruthless Robbie.

Above all, this fight will really tell us about Robbie Lawler’s heart and will to win. Unless Lawler just overwhelms him at the opening bell, Tanner will put him in a very tough situation at some point, and it will be interesting to see how Lawler reacts."

TANNER ALL THE WAY.

This will be the most lopsided fight of the night favoring tanner, won't even be close.

Tanner has a huge reach advantage. I think Robbie will have a tough time getting inside and I also think Evan will ground and pound Robbie.

I really hope Robbie gets the KO though. Go Lawler!

I'll pick Lawler by second round KO.

lawler

This fight is going to the ground. If Evan gets clinch, takedown and ends up on top it's TKO by elbows or shoulder choke. If he gets knocked down or ends up on bottom after a failed takedown attempt, he'll catch Lawler with a triangle choke.
He should have the same gameplan standing as against Baroni, minus the spin after the straight rights. His jab is a key to his survival.

I gotta' admit, I liked Baroni's assesment of the match-up.

Baroni is an astute student of the game.

Tanner without question.

He has great takedowns and newly developed stand up skills.

He could strike with Lawler if he wants to, but he will take him down and punish him IMHO.

Tanner by 3rd round ref stoppage/TKO.

Tanner, after a shakey start. Robbie will gas after 8 mins.

good analysis by baroni

sovann - "If he gets knocked down or ends up on bottom after a failed takedown attempt, he'll catch Lawler with a triangle choke.

heh I picked Charuto by triangle or rnc too though.

told you tanner would win!!!!!
no chance for lawler

tanner will take out chuck also, if he can limit chucks striking and get him to the ground