Tap or snap

What kind of injury will you suffer by not taping a twister?seems pretty nasty if your spine got twisted

A break in your spine somewhere, or disc herniation at the very least say I.

Yeah I never thought of that its messed up, also neck cranks if you don't tap.

Not tapping is a bad idea in general, and although seen as brave by some should not be encouraged IMO.
Should a fighter be penalized for not tapping? Probably not but just a thought I had. Phone Post

anthonyshogun - I wouldn't recommend recording tornados Phone Post

Well played, I didn't even notice the misspelling. Phone Post

Its always better to start from the southwest, and work your way northeast when chasing twisters.

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee - unless you're a professional storm chaser, i wouldn't suggest taping twisters

Good one, sorry english is not my native language
Anyway would it be the worst sub not to tap (not tape) injury risk wise, beside holding a choke 10min of course

You can tear the pectoral muscle as well.

Is neck crank as bad?

Drguildo - Is neck crank as bad?

Both will cause damage to the spine and could leave someone paralyzed.

Good question.... If you dont tap i assume something would snap, break, or be damaged that would be extremely painful. I remember the Zombies twister on Garcia and that looked rediculously painful and he is a tough son of a bitch Phone Post

Image if Palhares was as good at twister than at leglocks, you better be fast to tap. Phone Post

Penalized for not tapping?  He's penalized enough by something getting broken. Billy White Wolf should have submitted to Ken Patera's swinging neckbreaker.

Diesel67 - 

Penalized for not tapping?  He's penalized enough by something getting broken. Billy White Wolf should have submitted to Ken Patera's swinging neckbreaker.

Yeah I didn't mean penalized in the fight as in points getting taken, but penalized as in a sanction or fine by the promoter, since not tapping has the potential to cause serious injury or death which could retard the progress of the sport.

I don't think it should, but it was just an idea that occured to me for second and I shared it, but anyway thats what I meant.

I just think not tapping should be discouraged, not encouraged because not only does it cause fighters to get injuries that put them out for a long time or end their career, but it also may cause paralysis or death which would ultimately do no favors for the sport being approved in states. I don't want the dark ages of MMA to return when it was taboo.

To the ancient Greeks tapping out was shameful and athletes who did it never lived it down.  You were supposed to "come home victorious with your shield or dead upon it."  We value human life and to us tapping out should not be any more shameful than resigning from a chess match when checkmate is inevitable.  But even if a fighter or two preferred to get paralyzed or die, the sport would still be safer than pro boxing, pro football or auto racing.  The trouble is a lot of legislators are women (come Jan. 1 I will not have a Congressman) so female emotions trump male logic :)