TapouT: Matt Major

This dude is annoying and has ZERO killer instinct. I respect anybody that steps into a ring or cage but he is a nut job. How can tapout sponsor a guy like that?

BTW, the fat dude he was fighting had a nice kung-fu leg sweep

Yeah hes got some serious mental problems. He'll be in jail before long.

why would anyone let that guy train in their gym? trying to start fights before and after his own fight.

he had no fights too

"why would anyone let that guy train in their gym? trying to start fights before and after his own fight."

I was just thinking the same thing...If I were training him, I would give him his money back and a list of other schools that might take him

They found a bigger dickhead than the TapouT guys.

did anyone else see that Wayne Weems was reffing his fight?

haha, wayne weems! id love to fight that guy to see how I would do against an up and coming superstar. I mean dana white picked him to be on TUF, he has to be a stud. (slight sarcasm)

he was wearing fuckin jeans too haha weems that guy was running too thats some shit man

"he was wearing fuckin jeans too haha"

And a UFC hat

Majors showed absolutely NOTHING besides being in decent shape.

The guy is a little bit of a coward. He blows and makes all that noise and then fights like he is terrified of taking a chance. Then he almost gets into a fight in the locker room with some random UG poster; if he would have acted half as tough with the guy he was ACTUALLY FIGHTING maybe he could ahve looked to have a future.

I saw a lack of the one thing that I dont think a fighter can learn. Heart. He saw the other dude take his shots and he got scared. Big trouble for him when he steps up and fights a legitimate fighter.

Matt is a Major tool.......it's a good thing that an A-hole like that is being
trained to fight. He looked real tough picking on the little fella in the
warm up area. I can't wait to see him in there with some one that can fight
& what's up with the TapOut dude with his cup on ovevr his shorts.......?

ttt

What an awful representative of AKA. They already have the despised Koschek, but he is an awesome personality in comparison.

Matt is a cool guy, just misunderstood. I've met and trained with him on a few occasions and has been a stand up guy. Just so you guys know, he was 4-0 as an amature(sp?), all by submission. This was probably his first decision. He's definitely a guy to watch.

"Matt is a cool guy, just misunderstood."

Please explain what there is to understand about a complete asshole who acts that? i dont think they could do that sort of characterization with creative editing. Bob cook even said he has ten or so tantrums a week

I'm about to watch the rerun in a half hour, so obviously I haven't seen this fight yet, but...I have fought on two amateur cards with Matt. He hasn't lived up to his potential yet, but to say he has no heart is way out of line. Each time I've seen the pressure put on him, he always finds a way to gut out a win. May not be pretty, but it's part of being a rookie. In fact, that's something that can't be learned in my opinion, fighting throught he pressure and finding a win at all costs.

Once he starts settling down in the cage, listening to his corner and executing his game plan like he's capable of he'll have a bright future in MMA.

"but to say he has no heart is way out of line. Each time I've seen the pressure put on him, he always finds a way to gut out a win. May not be pretty, but it's part of being a rookie. In fact, that's something that can't be learned in my opinion, fighting throught he pressure and finding a win at all costs."

If I were to ONLY see him in a full unedited fight, I would never have said a thing about his heart. But when a guy has the sort of shit talking, immature, constant tantrum that kid has, he had damn sure better back up some of the shit he mouths out non stop. He did not take a single chance to pick up the pace in that fight and end a guy who looked like he could barely stand for the last 10 minutes of the fight because he was so gassed.

Sorry, but with a mouth like that the fighter exponentially increases the pressure on himself to perform. He looked to have no willingness to step in and take a chance, normally I would say, "ok dude needs to work on pressuring his man," but after all that dork did was talk shit about what a bad ass he was and basically mean mug and treat the Tap out guys like he was doing them some huge favor to be in their presence.......

Cook made it clear this behavior was typical. He called them "episodes". The only way Major could have come off worse was if he jumped a 90-year-old lady. It was clear he loved picking on little guys.

There must be more to it. I doubt Crazy Bob would keep him around if he didn't see potential there or if he thought Major was that big of a "problem". As for the little "know it all" guy in the back, I think he got what he deserved, he was just looking for some camera time IMO....