TapOut s01e01

Sorry if this thread exists already, but I haven't seen one and want to discuss this...

Did anyone see TapOut (the tv show)? My mate sent me season 1 episode 1 and it was quite cool. It's a reality show that follows the guys from TapOut clothing brand as they sponsor a fighter and take him to his first fight.

Several points:

1 - Presumably this is shown on TV in the US, does anyone know how popular it is? Is it on a free TV station or a paid one (like sky or cable)?

2 - The guys seemed like pretty nice guys actually, friendly and approachable. They seem down-to-earth like you and I, just some guys who started a business. What are other peoples' thoughts on these guys?

3 - Half way through the show, the main guy "Mask" got a call from Matt Serra who told them to pay him more money to wear TapOut clothes for his (then) upcoming fight with GSP, otherwise he'd go to another clothing company. I thought this was a bit sad, TapOut sponsoring him through his hard times, but then there's no loyalty when he's up?

(spoiler:)

4 - The fight was MEAN - that arm was properly broken but the guy just kept fighting, and then a massive elbow KO from the mount. Ref should have stopped it after that armbar for sure. What are your thoughts?

anyone?

the show was much better than I thought it was going to be. Just looking at those three dudes you think they are goint to be real assholes but they really aren't. Mask is slightly odd but still cool.

i didn't get a chance to watch it but the whole thing with matt serra went differently then that and a thread about it was already posted...........

The mask guy said "he's been offered a little more money so he's going to go with another clothing company"

What impression did you get? What was the result of the other thread? General consensus.

I crack up at Mask's BIG laugh....the dude really seems to be enjoying himself and is loving life!  

I've liked what I've seen of this show so far!

The second show was good too.

"3 - Half way through the show, the main guy "Mask" got a call from Matt Serra who told them to pay him more money to wear TapOut clothes for his (then) upcoming fight with GSP, otherwise he'd go to another clothing company. I thought this was a bit sad, TapOut sponsoring him through his hard times, but then there's no loyalty when he's up?"

============

Turns out that whole thing was bullshit, though.

really? shit, he could sue them if it's all made up... How do you know that it was a fake call?

Don't say "some guy on the UG said so" cos well that is as credible as "hot_chick_18" nickname on internet dating.

^^^^

There was a thread about it, started by Serra's people. It doesn't show up for me anymore, since I have a free account. It'll probably pop up again. I've already read it, though, so I'll be OK either way.

Mask's cackling make me giggle.

Pardon my ingnorance, but where can this show be watched?

email me i'll send you link
casalepeter@gmail.com

it's on "versus"...channel 49 in the houston metro area.....probably included in most basic cable packages....they're playing it after they air some WEC stuff....a decent show, but the TapouT guys are retards (and that's being kind IMO)

BM21