Tapout sponsorship of Kimbo = 50K per month

My sources deep within the Industry tell me that the recent sponsorship deal of Kimbo by Tapout saw Kimbo receiving in excess of $50K per month from the clothing company. Although I wonder if they are assessing the value of that investment now.

How ironic is it that Seth Petruzelli, the man who just destroyed Kimbo and is a far more accomplished and skilled MMA Fighter, is lucky to pull in 15K a year from the sport?

MMA is one of the only sports where the talent of the athlete can play second fiddle to his marketability and showmanship.

Word.

Kimbo = Ryan Leaf

Great post Redneck.

thanks again Redneck

Hype is a part of every sport.

It's how pitchers like Carl Pavano get a big deal after one good year, how guys like Tony Mandarich get drafted and portrayed like stars even though they're far from it, and how year after year, many European players are top draft picks in the NBA and never make a dent in the league.

It happens everywhere.

That said, it does suck when it happens.

A sound investment, imo

Kimbo is Darko Milic n Ryan Leaf combined

My sources say the Triumph United sponsorships consisted of parking validation and cases of "rampage punch" stolen from Throwdowns booth at IMMAE.

No. Darko was held back by coaches. Leaf flat out sucked.

Crooklyn - 
Kro - My sources say the Triumph United sponsorships consisted of parking validation and cases of "rampage punch" stolen from Throwdowns booth at IMMAE.

LOL!!!!!

Confirmed.

tapout needs to tap on the kimbo train

Sources this... sources that... 90% of which turn out to be garbage.

kanotoa - Kimbo was hot for a short time. Elite and Tapout were smart to ride his 15 minutes, now it is over but everyone made money, and we were all entertained.

Most of the kimbo product hit the floor just now! Tapout is sure to swallow a bunch of charge backs! But Tapout business is so big now this wont even cause a dent!

Photobucket

nokout

most good fighters get the best sponsorships Chuck, tito, etc etc Kimbo is an exception he is famous he draws, even though he sucks. Seth is a decent fighter, but lets not act like hes gods gift to MMA all of a sudden with some slap kick and jab

Redneck has written the correct.

PTSandman - No. Darko was held back by coaches. Leaf flat out sucked.

Darko was all hype. He was not held back whatsoever. He plays for the magic now and he sucks!

Ryan Leaf was all hype. And he sucked...

Darko and Ryan....were paid big time millions and the hype never held up

Kro - My sources say the Triumph United sponsorships consisted of parking validation and cases of "rampage punch" stolen from Throwdowns booth at IMMAE.
Parking validations aren't cheap.