tara larosa vs erica montoya in uf

"Like Tank Abbot, Ken Shamrock, Kimo, etc. Im not trying to Bash these fighters, but there are better "qualfied" people for the job. "

ok, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that I've seen more women's fights than any other person on this thread, and there's not a woman fighter in MMA who, on her best day, can wrestle or box as well as Ken Shamrock or Tank Abbot, mainly becasue both of those men have decades of experience and most women don't. That's what I was saying. You're comparing women to women and men to men, and saying Ken and Tank aren't that great. Compare the women to men, and they just don't rate the spots in the UFC at this time. Putting women in over more qualified men is just sexism.

tf/p

Women are evolving... Howe has definitely raised the bar with her 11-0 record and list of opponents.

To follow Jason's logic, no women would be in sports... period.

If you compare women to men in any sport... basketball, tennis, golf... there are so few who can compete... but that simply means they need to have a reason to keep working and improving... UFC could be the reason.

There are a lot of people who would like to see two talented women fight... more so than another men's fight that they can see anytime.

Caveman logic has no place in sports.

TTT my little homie Erica belongs in a big show for sure, watch this girl fight or even just roll for that matter and you'll be sold!

"1 thing though Jason, if you dislike female fighting why do you watch so much of it? "

"To follow Jason's logic, no women would be in sports... period. "

You guys are not reading what I wrote. You can't compare women's golf or women's basketball to MMA, becuase at this time, like I already said, there are a very limited number of spots available on televised mma. That's why I don't think there's room for the women in the UFC right now. I enjoy watching women fight, and I enjoy watching amateurs fight. But its crazy to insinuate that a man should be bumped in favor of a less qualified woman.

Imagine, if you will, that only 5 NBA games are going to be shown this year. You've got Shaq, Michael Jordan, all the NBA guys, and some of them aren't even going to get to play one game on tv this year. Then someone comes along and says lets make 1 of those televised games a women's game instead of a man's game. You'd think they were crazy, wouldn't you?

Its just a matter of limited ppv slots, and you want the best fighters representing the sport on tv

Or to put it another way, people are already bitching because Dave Menne, Jens Pulver, Shonie Carter, etc aren't back in the UFC yet. How many of you guys would rather see a women's match than see one of those guys fight? Because if you put a women's match on the card, Serra, or Hughes, or Tito, or somebody like that is going to get bumped to make room for it.

I've been to MMA shows with 16 fights, I've been to shows with 21 fights, but the UFC is not going to have that many and until they do there's no room for the women, imo

I enjoy it on the rare occasions that it rises above the level of mediocrity. I think Kathy Long and Lucia Rijker are 2 of the best kickboxers to ever get in the ring, male or female, for instance. I really hate to see women trading punches with their eyes closed and their faces turned away, which pretty well describes half the women's matches you'll ever see. The problem isn't that there aren't any good women out there, its that women are allowed to fight professionally who have no business getting in the ring at all, and it drags the average way down. Whether they want to admit it or not, the typical women pro fighter would be a mediocre amateur if she were a man with the same skills.

And that goes for boxing too. Look at Laila Ali, for instance. She's supposed to be the best women fighter out there at her weight? Give me a break. But at least she looks like she trains once in awhile, unlike most of her opponents. For some reason, almost all the women combat atheletes that are really really good end up in kickboxing. Kim Messer and Lucia Rjiker are really good at boxing and kickboxing, for instance

As long as we're talking about it, Christy Martin vs Dierdre Gogarty is one of the best women's boxing matches you'll ever see

well the problem is that some of those ladies, like Montoya are great grapplers, but not great strikers. The UFC has gotten to the point where they expect the guys to be well rounded, so I think the women should be too.

well I would argue that there are women's belts in the IFC and HooknShoot, and Women's Shows (Remix, Smackgirl, L-1) in Japan and Women fight on KOTC ppv, so the ladies already have plenty to shoot for, imo.

the way promoter said it, you'd think there was nothing out there for female fighters, but that's just not the case. Women on ppv in this country just started last year, so its not like they aren't progressing and reaching a wider audience.

PICS NOW!

Erica's so fuckin sexy...

So you don't want them in UFC? How about in Pride? I'm sure that I could name several female fighters who could beat Gan McGee and the LA Giant (not sure if that's his name).

I think it would be a good fight. I think Tara would win. Tara, do you have any fights coming up?