Target Sues Hero Who Stopped Knife Attack

Guess I'll be shopping at Walmart/Costco from here on out. Too bad, Target always had the hottest girls walking around.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/target-sues-hero-helped-stop-stabbing-pa-store-article-1.2299349

Target's aim may be way off.

A Pittsburgh man is being sued by the big-box retailer after he says he rushed to the aid of a teenage girl being stabbed inside one of its locations, according to a report.

Michael Turner told WXPI-TV he thought he was doing the right thing when he fended off a knife-wielding man who was attacking 16-year-old Allison Meadows inside an East Liberty, Pa., store in March 2013.

But instead of being hailed a hero, Turner is being blamed for the stabbing, according to the news station, which obtained court documents confirming the suit.

"I feel very sad inside," he said, holding up a handwritten sign that read "Target Sues Stabbing Victim Hero" while staging a one-man protest last week outside Target's East Liberty location.

"Now, you got to think twice when it comes to helping someone," he added.

Turner said he swung a bat inside the store to stop the attacker, Leon Walls.

According to WXPI, the company claims Turner pursued Walls through the store, "causing unreasonable risk of harm to other."

Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder told the Daily News the company "disputes Mr. Turner's version of events."

She declined to comment further, citing pending litigation.

The teen's family blasted Target in a statement to the news station, saying they were grateful for Turner's actions.

"We have sued Target, because they failed to keep Allison safe. Suing Michael Turner is just Target's way of trying to blame someone else for what happened under their own roof," Lisa Circeo, Meadows' lawyer, said.

"The family certainly doesn't blame Mr. Turner, and they are thankful he was there that day."

Original Story
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/Knife-wielding-man-stabs-teenager-2-others-inside-East-Liberty-Target/19463662

Youtube Vid of Attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmPVLaQD1Rg

So the family sued Target "for not keeping her safe"

Is Target supposed to assign you a personal body guard when you walk through the door?

Sucks the dude is getting sued but this is the society we live in. Targets playing by the same rules. Can't have it both ways Phone Post 3.0

Sue happy mofos Phone Post 3.0

It's hard to tell who the target of the lawsuit is. Phone Post 3.0

Should have sued WFA? Phone Post 3.0

But that's crazy. Phone Post 3.0

ISuckDosBalls - Should have sued WFA? Phone Post 3.0

Doh! Mods please move to OG.

antifret - 
ISuckDosBalls - Should have sued WFA? Phone Post 3.0

Doh! Mods please move to OG.

On its way...

I think Target's claim is the perp didn't start stabbing until captain flannel came diving in. She was a hostage until perp was hit with the shittiest tackle ever. The perp shook captain flannel off and began stabbing. Captain flannel then jumped over the aisle and grabbed the bat.
Captain Flannel is a hero. The stabbing was inevitable I think. I don't know if target should be held responsible though, unless they had prior knowledge that he was dangerous. Phone Post 3.0

Sucks dude is getting sued and sucks Target is getting sued for not keeping her safe. I guess we don't know all the details at the moment but without reading further that was my knee jerk reaction.

Sue! Sue! Sue! Phone Post

StratTone - Sucks dude is getting sued and sucks Target is getting sued for not keeping her safe. I guess we don't know all the details at the moment but without reading further that was my knee jerk reaction.

The guy Target is suing should sue the girl he saved. And the guy that he fended off. And countersue Target.

And all 3 of them should sue the knife manufacturer. Phone Post

^^^^^^^^^^

LOL, "you wanna sue me???" 

Why not?

No one responsible but re stabbed

There should be no lawsuit from any party Phone Post 3.0

Sue everybody!!

Props to the guy. Most people just stand around like deer in headlights when shtf.

It's a real catch 22 these days to help in a dangerous situation, if you help you may get sued, if you don't you could get sued.. Or worse, some states have the good samaritan law and you could face charges. Phone Post 3.0

Sogflop - Props to the guy. Most people just stand around like deer in headlights when shtf.

It's a real catch 22 these days to help in a dangerous situation, if you help you may get sued, if you don't you could get sued.. Or worse, some states have the good samaritan law and you could face charges. Phone Post 3.0
The good samaritan law protects people that stop crimes from lawsuits.

This case probably falls under that law.

If the girl was in immediate danger(the perp holding a knife to her throat for instance), citizens have the right to protect innocent parties. Now if the perp was just holding her hostage, he may have unnecessarily escalated the situation.

I cant watch the vid on my phone all the way thru. Phone Post 3.0

Punative damages. Phone Post 3.0