Tarver vs RJJ 2 ??

Im thinking Tarver... A guy I spar with trains with tarver from time to time and he seems to thin jones pulled to much weight last time and will stop Tarver in the late rounds...anyone?

Tarver gets embarassed. That is all.

i dont see why tarver even deserves the rematch. jones took it to him in the last fight and you could tell that he wasnt a 100%. tarver was complaining after the fight and i didnt think it was even close. if tarver deserved a rematch than every guy that jones has ever beat deserves one aswell.

jones needs to hook up with hopkins, trinidad, or de la hoya for the big bucks but i think they are all afraid.

Tarver's complaining has probably given RJJ the motivation he needed to go out and prove he can knock him out at will. RJJ by TKO in about 8.

Hopkins doesn't really want to fight RJJ. If he did he would've taken the 60/40 split purse, which is more than he's ever made and more than he'll ever make. RJJ is a step ahead of Hopkins.

However, I think Hopkins is going to retire De La Hoya.

RJJ would also destroy De Lay Hoya or Trinidad.

I sometimes think about this: Was it unfortunate that there was never another fighter who could rival RJJ and push him to his limit, like Ali & Frazier, Leonard & Duran, Hagler & Hearns, Prior & Arguello. OR, were there actually rival fighters around and RJJ is SO good that no other fighter even comes close? What do you guys think about that?

It's true, RJJ is just that good that his best competition is still no competition. Take out RJJ out of the mix and Tarver or others will be consider the best in the division but will all be much more competitive.

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ALLEN GREEN IN THE YEARS TO COME..

"...there was never another fighter who could rival RJJ and push him to his limit, like Ali & Frazier, Leonard & Duran, Hagler & Hearns, Prior & Arguello..."
The GMAN wouldve made some divisions much more interesting for RJJ

I thought this thread was about Tarver vs. a jiujitsu guy from Rwanda. (RJJ)

i dont think Tarver is mentally where he shoul be this time, which means hes already beat. the question is how will he lose? i say, a decisive stoppage by RD8 leaving no need for a third bout.

lol..now theres a need for a third bout.

If RJJ has no competition then why was he knocked down, counted out and doing the funky chicken after he got up last night?

"If RJJ has no competition then why was he knocked down, counted out and doing the funky chicken after he got up last night?"

LOL, you're a clown.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I admit my above prediction was wrong, but in his natural weight class (probably middle weight) he had NO COMPETITION! That's the only reason he moved up. If you recall, RJJ started playing basketball and fighting on the same night to make things interesting. He was bored with the lack of competition in his weight class and moving up made it a new challenge for him. He really shouldn't be fighting as a LHW or HW.

And even though he lost last night he's still, without question, ONE of the greatest fighters of all time!