tarver wuz robbed!

glen johnson did not win that fight!

tarver clearly outboxed and outpunched johnson throughout the entire fight!

was being the keyword.

i love rjj but he got ktfo by both of these guys

Johnson was making the funniest sounds when he threw a punch. Actually, I think both of them looked like they had to "push" their punches. If either one of them had "power" behind their punches, it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

Just my opinion.

Johnson has been on the wrong end of way to many decisions...

I am glad that one finally went his way....

TTT for the Road Warrior

It was really far too close of a fight to say he got robbed. I thought he one but that fight was very close.

Tarver did win the fight but it makes for a pretty good rematch and another good payday for both of these guys who deserve it.

The judges probably saw tarver giving ground almost the entire fight and usually punches thrown then dont have much on them.I think tarver underestimated glen and fought the wrong type of fight...should have given him way more angles.

The judges probably saw tarver giving ground almost the entire fight and usually punches thrown then dont have much on them.I think tarver underestimated glen and fought the wrong type of fight...should have given him way more angles.

I had it 115-113 Tarver but was pleased at the result because Tarver is a fucking tool.

I had Tarver winning as well. I was really glad when they announced Johnson.

Alvis

That seems to be the consensus. Pretty much everyone who comments on the fight thinks Tarver won--but at the same time they don't mind that Johnson was given the victory because he seems like such a nice guy.

I saw the last three or four rounds and Tarver didn't do shit except throw maybe a minute or two in the final round so I am glad he didn't get the win.

You got to give it to Johnson who gives it his all throughout the entire fight...keeps coming at you. There were minutes and even rounds where Tarver ran from Johnson. Just because you do a little something in the final 30 seconds of a round doesn't give you the whole round. TTT for Johnson.

im a nice guy so wtf???????????

watching the fight I thought the decision was the right one but the punch stats at the end did seem to favor Tarver

seems like Johnson's aggression won him the fight

I think you guys need to re-watch the fight with the volume off. HBO made the fight seem like it was Tarver's fight. Larry Merchant has a hard on for guys who can "box".

Johnson "fought" the whole fight and did more damage despite what the punch stats say. There were rounds on the HBO scorecard I couldn't believe they gave to Tarver. In the first minute of the last round the commentating was screaming how Tarver was dominating...watch it again without listening to them and you'll see many of the punches weren't landing much. Johnson finished strong. That last round was won by Johnson as well as 10 and 11.

Merchant said in round 10, he has Tarver winning 7-2...that was ridiculous.

I agree with the "sound off" argument. I was watching with my nephew, gabbing the whole fight, and we both about shit ourselves when they said after 4-5 rounds they had Tarver ahead. Johnson was clearly the aggressor and more sensible of the two. Tarver jabbed and ran for way too much of the fight for somebody of his ranking.

I liked Tarver to win in that one, but after 12 rounds I didn't see him getting the decision fighting that fight.