Tate: Rousey needs to wake up & smell the coffee!

In the height of the Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey drama I had spoke with current Strikeforce 135lb. women's champion on Twitter. We spoke briefly about "The Face of Women's MMA", although we disagreed on the subject, Miesha was kind enough to grant me an interview, on that subject and what's down the line for the champion!

She is the current Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion and the current Freestyle Cage Fighting Women's Bantamweight Champion. She has also competed and won a silver medal in the FILA Grappling Championships.

Matt Bull: Well there has been much speculation of a match between to and Ronda Rousey since she called you out. How do you feel about the call out and Miss Rousey? 

Miesha Tate: I think she still needs to pay her dues to be a top contender at 135lbs, like make the weight before she starts calling people out.

(For entire interview click here)

Strikeforce 135-pound champion Miesha Tate discusses running across Olympian judoka Ronda Rousey and her issue with the black belt touting her looks for a title shot

Another words...."She needs to let me hold the title for a little longer..."

Tate is coming off like a complete jackass through this entire bit of drama.

Why shouldn't she use whatever marketability she has to get what she wants? If a male fighter has marketability (exciting fighting style, well spoken, funny, etc) they use it to the full extent. Rousey has exciting fights and has dominated her opponents and she happens to be attractive. Doesn't take away from her talent and it'll produce greater viewership. Like it or not, Tate has chosen a career in entertainment, and she'll fight whoever brings the most attention to the fight for Strikeforce Phone Post

We have supported Tate for a long time, but at this stage of her career she seems as if she is an accomplished champion rather than someone who hasn't even defended the title herself. The fight Tate wants is Kaufman, to avenge her loss but the last fight wasn't close. The whole concept of WMMA is cool but the talent pool is only so deep. Their gonna have to fight sooner or later and Rousey is no joke so Miesha should just relax and enjoy the ride. Phone Post

JerodR - Another words...."She needs to let me hold the title for a little longer..."

This Phone Post

TTT

Cyborg couldn't make 135 to save her life.

I asked her Cyborg this over a year ago wondering why she didn't go down and take the 135 belt to stay more active. She immediately said she would have to cut off a leg to make weight. Phone Post

tikmovado - Ronda is going to mop the floor with Tate.

Misha knows her ground game is not even close to Ronda's.

She is mad that this blond chick that is hotter than her is getting more attention her and is going to take her Title away from her while braking her arm in the first min of their fight.

If she keeps talking shit about her Ronda is going to keep her arm.

Pretty much this.

She is mad that this blond chick that is hotter than her is getting more attention her and is going to take her Title away from her while braking her arm in the first min of their fight.

I don't think Ronda is better looking.  To me, Ronda looks really good in some pics, but looks like a lesbian softball player in others.  Miesha looks pretty damn good in pretty much every pic.

What happened to my 'chloroform' joke? I will not be censored damnit!!!

ttt

The Cats Pajamas - 
Josh J -

I don't think Ronda is better looking.  To me, Ronda looks really good in some pics, but looks like a lesbian softball player in others.  Miesha looks pretty damn good in pretty much every pic.

I don't understand meisha appeal. She is sort of a butterface Phone Post

I like it.  I think every part of her looks better than Ronda.

Don't get me wrong, Ronda is hot.  I just prefer the way Miesha looks.  I definitely wouldn't say Meisha is jealous of Ronda's looks.

I agree Rowdy Ronda hates it when people talk crap about her, hell she originally wanted to fight Tate because she some random fan asked "would you like to fight Ronda " and Tate said yes. She has also invited other fighters like Tara Larosa and others to meet her in the cage when they talked crap.
That's why I was so very shocked that when Cyborg in her interview with Tru accused Rowdy Ronda of cutting to 135 to avoid fighting her, you know talking crap, Ronda didn't respond in her usual funny, blunt, honest and insightful way that has become her hallmark and in fact barely responded at all. It definitely seems that Ronda's Rowdiness has it's limits, LOL.

58miles -

I agree Rowdy Ronda hates it when people talk crap about her, hell she originally wanted to fight Tate because she some random fan asked "would you like to fight Ronda " and Tate said yes. She has also invited other fighters like Tara Larosa and others to meet her in the cage when they talked crap.
That's why I was so very shocked that when Cyborg in her interview with Tru accused Rowdy Ronda of cutting to 135 to avoid fighting her, you know talking crap, Ronda didn't respond in her usual funny, blunt, honest and insightful way that has become her hallmark and in fact barely responded at all. It definitely seems that Ronda's Rowdiness has it's limits, LOL.

Can you blame her? Phone Post

tikmovado - 
frontrowbrian - Miesha really doesn't understand business. She has the opportunity to accept the biggest FMMA fight since Carano/Cyborg and she's talking her way out of it. Miesha needs to embrace Ronda. Ronda is the best thing to happen to her career.
Until Ronda breaks her arm.

Every woman out their knows when they fight her their arm IS going to get broke.

Cyborg knows this as well.

Sure they are confident but in the back of their mind they know fighting her = recovery and loss of income.

You're right Cyborg is so scared of Ronda that instead of taking an immediate title shot against Ronda she is instead cutting down to a weightclass that only a few months ago swore she couldn't make and demand an immediate title shot against that Tate because Cyborg wants to be a champ and believes that beating Tate is easier than beating Ronda. Yea I agree that Cyborg is a fight ducking, cherry picking, title shopping coward! No doubt about it!

Regardless Miesha is awesome after talking to her a very good sport I was busting her balls quite badly on Twitter and she took it well and bantered back nice. She handled it well!

This 58 miles person is full of amazing, hilarious anger towards Ronda and as a fan of hers I think it's great. :)

The thing that would make him angriest is that Ronda would love what he's doing too. I've heard her reference Mayweather in her interviews and how good it is to have haters to add heat and interest. She really understands that side of the business and has embraced it.