Tavares/Wiman UFC 85

http://mmajunkie.com/news/3919/report-thiago-tavares-vs-matt-wiman-at-ufc-85.mma

Report: Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman at UFC 85

Promising lightweight Thiago Tavares (13-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will meet "The Ultimate Fighter 5" stand-out Matt Wiman (9-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) in June at UFC 85.

The news comes from Sherdog.com, who confirmed the bout with Tavares.

UFC 85 takes place June 7 at the 02 Arena in London, England. Chuck Liddell meets Rashad Evans in the night's main event, and as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported on Tuesday, Nate Marquardt and Thales Leites will also meet at the event.

After two victories in the UFC, Tavares suffered his first career loss to Tyson Griffin at UFC 76. He bounced back from the unanimous-decision loss for a victory over Michihiro Omigawa at UFC Fight Night 12 in January.

The 23-year-old is currently in Brazil training with the Minotauro team training center.

Although he was eliminated by eventual show runner-up Manny Gamburyan, Wiman has been on a tear since his time on "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series. The 24-year-old scored a first-round TKO over Brian Geraghty at The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale, and he followed it up with a unanimous-decision victory over Omigawa (UFC 76) and a first-round submission of Justin Buccholz (UFC Fight Night 12).

His only UFC loss was to Spencer Fisher, which took place at UFC 60 -- months before he appeared on "TUF."

Thiago by murder.

Wiman by brutal beatdown!

Tavares convincingly.

Everyone underestimate's Wiman. He's a super tough 155 lb'er and I think he gives Tavares a run for his money.

I'm taking Wiman in this one.

"Everyone underestimate's Wiman. He's a super tough 155 lb'er and I think he gives Tavares a run for his money.

I'm taking Wiman in this one."

Smart man!

Good fight...i think Tavares will win but Wiman will give him a very tough fight

This should be a beauty. I like Tavares in this one.

I don't think Tavares is overrated, apart from a disappointing last fight he has looked phenomenal.

Tavares by domination on the ground.

Tough fight for Wiman right now! I see Tavares taking it. Too bad too, Id like to see Wiman get a streak going.

But compare their last fights against Omigawa. You never know....

Tavares will not fight "not to lose" in this one...

Hes more skilled than wiman in kickboxing and bjj...on paper, tavares owns wiman.

lets go wiman

I lean towards Tavares, but wouldn't be surprised if Wiman pulled it out.

Bottom line, CAN'T WAIT.

^^^^ I knew he looked familiar damn it! ^^^^ lol

I think Wiman will surprise a lot of people when he wins this fight.