Taylor vs. Pavlik becoming reality

hopefully jermain takes this fight.

here is the espn link : http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=2897577

honestly, pavlik has a punchers chance, but unlike miranda, if pavlik forces jermain backwards he will look foolish with jermains speed and counter punching ability. jermain most likely will not finish pavlik, but should have no problem with the descision. either way, this is a good fight for jermain to take to silence some critics, and gives pavlik a fight he deserves.

I think boxers need to step up and face top competation instead of going with easy fights for big money...Step up, be a man, and entertain your fans with top ranked opponets or youll lose your fans to MMA where top guys face top guys and where you get entertained by knock outs...Thats what fans want...Its all about the knock outs...Not some sparring session for 12 rounds

very true. boxing in the old days was almost always top notch vs. top notch. the cotto/judah fight was like a blast from the past.

jermain needs to finalize this deal and then if he wins work on calzaghe.

pavlik is a tough son of a bitch. but taylors speed is going to be hard for him to deal with.

i'm still laughing at the thought of miranda/taylor, i hope jermain takes this fight if he loses to pavlik just to shut edison up. i like miranda, but he is getting to big for his britches.

Having grown up in the Youngstown area, you have no idea how much support the area gives Pavlik and how excited everyone is about the prospect of him getting this fight. He is a hometown hero and given new life to the city.

If this one gets signed I am 100% going to make the trip to see the fight in person.

Miranda will be at 168 from now on.

I like Pavlik to have underdog value in this fight, but I really worry about his lack of head movement.

Great matchup, rumor has it that it will regular HBO and not HBO PPV, that would certainly be nice.

"Miranda will be at 168 from now on."

really? i figured he might. on his website he mentioned having a hard time getting to 160. and that he had a fever going into the fight, but then he gave kelly serious props for being a great fighter. so i dont consider it an excuse.

source : www.panteraboxing.com

"I think boxers need to step up and face top competation instead of going with easy fights for big money...Step up, be a man, and entertain your fans with top ranked opponets or youll lose your fans to MMA where top guys face top guys and where you get entertained by knock outs...Thats what fans want...Its all about the knock outs...Not some sparring session for 12 rounds"

So so so so so true!

ttt

Pavlik will outwork Taylor. Taylor is a point fighter who likes to pick his spots. He doesnt have the punch volume to beat Kelly.

Taylor has been winning (and drawing) his last several fights because judges give him the nod for superior punching power, not because he's outboxed or outlanded his opponents. Pavlik hits a good deal harder than Taylor, throws way more punches, and has shown he can take a better punch than Taylor can give.

Taylor's only advantage, his defense, will end up being a disadvantage. Pavlic hits harder than any fighter Taylor has fought (including Hopkins). If you saw how defensive Taylor fought against light hitters like Winky, Ouma and Spinks, you can only imagine how passive he'll be against a guy with true KO power.

I say Taylor throws less than 20 punches a round, gets hurt early and often, and gets KO'd by Pavlic by round 6.

I take that back. Taylor and his people are too smart to accept this fight. It will never happen.

Im taking the dog , I like Pavlik

"I take that back. Taylor and his people are too smart to accept this fight. It will never happen."

i hope your wrong. if he backed out now he'd look like he was pulling a major dicktuck.

I think Kelly has better hand speed, is bigger and hits harder than Taylor. I don't see any advantages for Taylor in this fight. Pavlik will win and a star will be born.

Ill take Kelly but Im sure Taylor will go after the easy money and take somebody way easier

Boxing has become all about the money and not all about who is the best....Half the time the number 1 fighters and champs fight is peeps who have been travelers around the boxing world or who just stepped up into the boxing world while everyone 2 thru 10 in the rankings stays put....And in the fights when somebody gets knocked down the guy who knocked him down coasts the rest of the fight...and the guy who knocked him down tries his best to knock the other guy down and if he does get the knock down he coasts...To me boxing has become a sparring session and its not fun to watch anymore...While MMA its entertaining to watch...You get action in a short amount of time and you actually get to see top guys face top guys...And you get the knock outs....Alot of peeps around Oklahoma are slowly but surely turning away from boxing...It use to be big here, now theres small mma events in Tulsa every now and again....Boxing is pretty much dead here in Oklahoma

Easy money for Taylor. Miranda was able to land on Pavlik after taking several power shots. Taylor will land often and KO Pavlik by the 8th. No way Pavlik hits harder than Taylor. Moreover, Taylor has faced much stiffer competition than Pavlik. Taylor is superior in every aspect with the possible exception of stronger "chin."

TTT

Taylor doesn't have good power. He hits hard, but he doesn't have KO power. Just a stiff puncher. Miranda probably has more KO pop than Taylor.

No matter who you pick here - I think there is no way this fight is "Easy money" for anybody. Two big punchers with good chins. Plus Pavlik knows how to use the ring, he uses angles well and I think he will be one of the few to force Taylor to brawl. Taylor can still win a brawl, but that is what everyone wants to see him in.

I was picking Pavilk, but now since I see so many on the bandwagon, I'm going back with Taylor.