TB12 got just under 1 million from the government

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/04/tom-brady-company-tb12-ppp-loan

Meanwhile 52 percent of small businesses that applied for assistance got nothing. Brady's wife is worth 400 million, and Brady has made over 260 million from playing football, which doesn't include anything his company has made or his endorsement deals.

Capatalism and your tax dollars at work. Can't provide everyone with health insurance though, there's no money for that. Can't wait to see all of the stupid manipulated fucks on this board come up with ways to defend this or deflect with JH level insults because they are too stupid to do anything else.

3 Likes

Lol

The program was set up terribly. Most people on here agreed with this from day 1.

Try harder next time.

4 Likes
Sernie Banders -

Meanwhile 52 percent of small businesses that applied for assistance got nothing. Brady's wife is worth 400 million, and Brady has made over 260 million from playing football, which doesn't include anything his company has made or his endorsement deals.

Capatalism and your tax dollars at work. Can't provide everyone with health insurance though, there's no money for that. Can't wait to see all of the stupid manipulated fucks on this board come up with ways to defend this or deflect with JH level insults because they are too stupid to do anything else.

Lol at “capitalism and your tax dollars at work”. That ‘s not capitalism, it’s crony’ism. Or as real capitalists call it, Crapitalism. 

It’s an especially gross and dishonest practice to take the exact opposite of something, present it as the thing itself in a straw man argument then just “see, it doesn’t work!”. 

6 Likes
Sernie Banders - 

the link wont open for me… so i cant defend or attack TB12

what i can say is tom brady company =/= tom brady

If tom brady chooses to open a company and that company cannot operate succesfully due to Corona virus restrictions, then tom brady’s company has every right to borrow money the same as any other business. did tom brady borrow / receive this money to pay staff, pay rent, pay vendors? if so great

or did he pocket the cash if so dick

1 Like

btw I hate tom brady

Peyton manning is greatest QB of all time

Next story will be how big-hearted Tom is for giving it back.

There are much worse cases out there.  I know of one much worse that doesn't involve celebrities.  

2 things..

1) a corporation is an entity by itself and is completely separate than the person, people, or entity that owns the corporation.   Tom Brady did not get a loan.  The corporation that he owns or is part owner of, got a loan.   It really is different.   And I'm not a big defender of Brady in this.  It's just how it is.

2) the money for these loans was available to all legal businesses.  Those who got their applications in first got a loan.  Those who took longer to apply, found out the money was already gone.   It should have been easier to apply and they should have put a higher priority on applying.  

I saw how this hurt the little guy. It took a lot of time, effort, and research to figure how to apply properly.   Smaller businesses were scrambling to figure out how to survive and didn't have time or the resources to figure all of this out as fast as the bigger companies.  I know of a company that got close to $5M and didn't need one penny of it.  They dedicated 2 full time employees to figuring out what money was available and how to get it.   Their business was deemed essential.  They remained as busy as ever.  Had no layoffs.  Got the money and don't have to pay it back.   This is not some international big Corp.  Its a local blue collar trade company that has a lot of employees. 

The whole thing is fucked up but it was 100% set up by our government and our elected officials so why is anyone surprised.  

Bradys corp getting a $1M is laughable compared to probably thousands of much worse cases.   The information is public knowledge.  I have a spreadsheet of all the companies in Mass that got a loan.. its insanely long.   No idea where all the money came from.  Then we have the unemployment money.  That is absolutely ridiculous.   

We never needed to shutdown like we did.  Complete overreaction that will be hard to ever overcome 

There were hood rats here in Ca collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars through PPP unemployment and going on shopping sprees in Beverly Hills. 

4 Likes

great post!

it was also my understanding that the banks writing these loans - wrote the bigger loans 1st… as it would be a bigger commission / profit for them quicker than writing a lot of smaller loans

Am i correct in this as well?

Brady is my all time fav, they should have given him a $M for each ring.

The callouts of corporation vs. individual are spot on. He =/= his company. I’m surprised it was so much tho, I thought the loans were to protect employees, and I didn’t think TB12 employed that many people.

Google says 75 employees that’s $13K per person, without knowing the average for other companies, I guess it’s not that outrageous.

How many people are employed at TB12?

Is he just supposed to pay people that work for a company he owns from his personal account?

Get a fucking clue, loser.

1 Like
SPROUT - Brady is my all time fav, they should have given him a $M for each ring.

The callouts of corporation vs. individual are spot on. He =/= his company. I’m surprised it was so much tho, I thought the loans were to protect employees, and I didn’t think TB12 employed that many people.

Google says 75 employees that’s $13K per person, without knowing the average for other companies, I guess it’s not that outrageous.

Only 60% has to be towards payrol iirc.  The rest can be towards utilities, mortgage, rents, etc.

1 Like
Sernie Banders -

The government shutting the country down then sending stimulus checks to certain businesses is far from capitalism at work. 

1 Like
androb - great post!

it was also my understanding that the banks writing these loans - wrote the bigger loans 1st… as it would be a bigger commission / profit for them quicker than writing a lot of smaller loans

Am i correct in this as well?

the banks protected their loan books first and foremost.BC the PPP was unsecured  - If you owed the bank money you were more likely to get this loan. Many banks weren't taking on new clients - so if you were paying the bank they had a vested interest in you surviving

My guess would be whoever owed the banks the most money got done fastest.

Lol at “capitalism”. OP is a retard.

This is literally the exact opposite of capitalism. This is the government interfering in the market and preventing capitalism from working. 

1 Like

Government subsidies aren’t capitalism. 

you fucking idiot. 

1 Like
NerveBlock -

Lol at “capitalism”. OP is a retard.

This is literally the exact opposite of capitalism. This is the government interfering in the market and preventing capitalism from working. 

3 Likes

Ww1 got started because 1 royal got shot in a shithole country.

China should be paying for our suffering with blood and burns.

Bomb those fuckers and call it an accident if you want. Turn their military to dust before they can blink.

Not the gif I was looking for, but once I saw it, I couldn't pass up posting it

![](upload://3SlRyOKUfrmP8KL1GEvsqi8fCuH.gif)