Teacher brought marijuana-laced food to pot luck!

LINK: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/justice/california-teacher-pot-arrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- Police in Northern California have arrested an elementary school teacher after she allegedly brought marijuana-laced food to an after-hours employee pot-luck dinner.

Teresa Gilmete Badger, a 47-year-old teacher at Matthew Turner Elementary School in Benicia, was arrested Friday afternoon on suspicion of poisoning after a six-week-long investigation, said Lt. Frank Hartig of the Benicia Police Department.

After the late-November get-together in the Bay Area town, several people reported feeling ill, a police statement said.

"One of the partygoers was rushed to the hospital with severe reactions; she was hospitalized," Hartig told CNN affiliate KPIX. "The very next morning, another partygoer was taken to the hospital, because she continued to feel like she was under the influence of something."

At least one of the women tested positive for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), the principal intoxicant in marijuana, police said.

A 15-year-old also got sick after someone at the party brought leftovers home, according to police.

During their investigation, police said they were told that Badger had "allegedly confessed her involvement to individuals who were also in attendance at the party."

She was arrested Friday and booked into Solano County Jail in Fairfield. Bail was set at $15,000.

Badger chose not to speak to arresting officers, Hartig said.

Prank backfire Phone Post

lol @ all these people "getting sick" from eating a weed brownie.  What a bunch of fucking drama queens. 

angryinch - 

lol @ all these people "getting sick" from eating a weed brownie.  What a bunch of fucking drama queens. 

Lol, that's what I was thinking. She clearly misread her crowd.

Eggbert - 
angryinch -

Edibles is a whole different ball game than smoking and if you have no idea what's going on yeah you're going to think something is really wrong Phone Post 3.0

Ya, you raise a good point. I can see the dramatics becoming a little over the top in terms of dealing with the body high, but if they have never done it and were blindsided by the buzz, it could mind fuck you into thinking real bad shit's happening. All I know is she must have had an 'uh oh; moment at some point, and that would have been funny to witness.

SaintVon Barksdale - 

If you think an unexpected dose of tetrahydrocannabinol is something you can just walk off, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Who said anything about walking it off...............and I promise you, I do know what the fuck I'm talking about. 

angryinch -

once again proving you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, yay Phone Post 3.0

Her prank went to pot imo.

KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
angryinch -

once again proving you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, yay Phone Post 3.0

Care to elaborate?  Have you ever even smoked weed or are you just one of those idiots who's never tried weed but is still convinced weed is the devil?

Is weed overrated? Don't know; just asking. Phone Post 3.0

I smoke almost daily and have done so for twenty years but have bad reactions ingesting pot.

It's not that I can't handle the mental high, but it seems to twist my guts around and make me feel very ill. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch -
angryinch -

Care to elaborate?  Have you ever even smoked weed or are you just one of those idiots who's never tried weed but is still convinced weed is the devil?

Ive been smoking/eating pot daily for over a decade.

Edibles can really fuck you up if you dont know what is coming. Especially a large dose. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 
angryinch -

Dude, a pot brownie is not like smoking weed. You're looking really dumb right now.

She put the pot in potluck!!

I smoke occasionally and ate edibles once. That's right, once. Because the one time I ate them, it took awhile to kick in, and I got so destroyed I fell asleep at the party I was at after insane paranoia around 9pm. I woke up the next day at 6 fucking pm lol. So yes slipping edibles to people that don't smoke and are not expecting it is not fucking cool and it's not like just smoking some pot. Phone Post 3.0

lol, that's one fun teacher fo sho

In her defense it was for potluck Phone Post 3.0

Some dude in my highschool did this to the faculty. He was fucking crazy. 

Legend has it that one of my uncles did this at an extended family reunion in the 50s. Dozens of old people went to the hospital thinking they had food poisoning.

If I had never experienced it id be freaked out too. Phone Post