Teaching my first class as a black belt

I got my black belt a couple of weeks ago. Tomorrow I will be teaching my first class as a black belt. I have taught class many times before, but this one is going to be very special to me. I always like to focus on the fundamentals because it applies to all belt levels. But tomorrow I plan on doing something a little more advanced. I am hoping that everyone will be able to take something from the class.

Disclaimer: This is my obligatory "got my black belt" thread

Awesome! Congrats and best wishes on teaching that class!

I've taught three. I'm not a very good teacher so far. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats! Where do you train and how long have you been training?

Training stories are always fun to read! Phone Post 3.0

Your first class has to be about "self defense" or you're a shitty instructor Phone Post 3.0

Congrats!  What did you teach?

I taught a series of sweeps and counters to an under the leg guard pass. It was from a seminar that I went to as a blue belt. It was the one seminar that I took the most from.

Congrats on the black belt. Phone Post 3.0

Congratulations on BB. Phone Post 3.0

dandon - I got my black belt a couple of weeks ago. Tomorrow I will be teaching my first class as a black belt. I have taught class many times before, but this one is going to be very special to me. I always like to focus on the fundamentals because it applies to all belt levels. But tomorrow I plan on doing something a little more advanced. I am hoping that everyone will be able to take something from the class.

Disclaimer: This is my obligatory "got my black belt" thread
Congrats on the black belt! The best advice I can give is you're better off showing how well you know, and how detailed you can show, a "basic" move rather than trying to dazzle them with something fancy. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats man! Welcome to the club!!!!

I got to teach my first class as a blsack belt a couple years ago. It was awesome. My instructor said "Im turning it over to Professor Prouty tonight.... take it away brother!" It was a good feeling.

I taught proper heel hooks to white belts........ 

j/k.

You should focus 2 hours on how to break fall properly. 

Moaozinho - 

You should focus 2 hours on how to break fall properly. 

Normally I do that with shrimping drills

MarsMan - 
Ryan Prouty - 

I taught proper heel hooks to white belts........ 

I LOLed

You should show the fifty fifty counter to basketball court brawls Phone Post 3.0