TEAM RELSON WINS SC TOURNY

Congrats to Team Relson "sandbaggers" need i make this point again

Thanks for the big ups guys...Enjoyed fighting with the guys and girls! It was a pleasure to represent team Relson. Loved the no points...seems really natural and cardio appeared to be a factor for some of those close fights...enjoyed the competition...fun day with lots of great matches...organized and safety conscious...much appreciate the hard work it took to make the event run smoothly. Great sportsmanship shown...would pay a little more for a T-shirt next time but please make some in small. ;)

"Congrats to Team Relson "sandbaggers" need i make this point again"

What point is that?

I saw Nieson at the nationals last year and he was very good!!!!

Robin if he ever wants to fight MMA...we would love to have him out to St. Louis Shooto

Jon (team vaghi)

Mark always puts on a good tourney.

TTT

I had a guy go down from my school, he was a wrestler. He fought in the advanced no gi and took 3rd. Does anyone know who he beat in the 3rd and 4th place match. He said he was a brazilian guy but could not remember his name.

He also said it was an awesome tourny!

what weight class was it?

MMAPITBULL, the results will be up in a few days and sometimes it will have the name of the fourth place competitor.

ViperCobraClutch, Who are you? You seem to have a serious problem with Relson and his team.

I am newly a member of Team Relson Gracie in Columbus. And by all accounts Relson has the toughest standards of belt promotion of anyone in the world!

So while the rest of the teams are watering down their future guys by giving guys black belts in 3, 4, and 5 years based solely on competition placement, Relson mandates that you must have a FULL understanding of positions and variations for various body types (so you can teach) and the street self defense curriculum before even HOPING to get a black belt from him!

Personally I have no problem with this. You enter GJJ to learn the true jiu jitsu. It's not sandbagging, just A LOT higher standards. Ones that go beyond even winning an event.

TTT Team Relson Gracie!!!

Travis-- faxia marrom equipe Relson Columbus

Vipercobraclutch seems to have some beef with the standards we set. Maybe it is because of his own inadiquacies, or maybe he is not a practitioner and only sits on the internet and decides who HE thinks should be whatever belt. That is his perogative. But if he thinks that he is better than any one of us or wants to settle something that he feels he has a problem with our school then by all means feel free to step up and settle it with me, one of my associates, or one of the other Relson reps. I doubt seriuosly that he was at any of the tournaments we have been to or has competed in them. Funny how everytime he come here and posts he disapears after we start calling him out. Internet Scum in my opinion.

LOL

Get 'em!

Nissen is going to do MMA, but I wont get into that. Of course according to Vipercobraclutch he is already world champion in MMA so I really think he should go ahead and retire undefeated, since we sandbag so much. However, maybe the only fighter who is qualified to fight Nissen IS vipercobraclutch. STEP UP BITCH!!

That match Nissen had against the BJJ Black Belt in the Advanced No-Gi was AWESOME. He really drove that double leg takedown home!

Nissen's drive, athletic talent and mental toughness is what separates him from most others. He really belives in his mind that he can do anything and therefore will attempt and most often succeed at just that. Any comments Vipercc?

I think Nissen is a Poon-Tang IMO! I miss you guys. I'm going to get back down to train with ya'll ASAP!
I heard ya'll ran the Touny! Good Job brotha's!

Chandler

Nissen is what he eats.

Nissan has had the purple belt less than one year. I don't know by whose standards that would be considered sandbagging. Hate it or love it, the simple fact is that the guy is f#%king wicked sick. p.s. congrats to the crew

Although I do think that sobriety is an unfair advantage!

They've got a great article about Nissen on matbattle.com