Technical Gaejthe is the GOAT

New Motivated Penn in my opinion

New flavour of the month imo.

Happens after every UFC card. Wasn't that long ago when people were saying he wasn't good enough for the UFC after his losses to Eddie & Dustin.

Now a couple of wins & he's the darling of the UG! I think I need to delete this app.

2 Likes
Fedoral Crime -

Happens after every UFC card. Wasn't that long ago when people were saying he wasn't good enough for the UFC after his losses to Eddie & Dustin.

Now a couple of wins & he's the darling of the UG! I think I need to delete this app.

I don't think anyone ever doubted Gaethje's talent, but this shift in approach has made him into a markedly different and better fighter than the guy who fought Alvarez or Poirier. 

He's now finishing fights the same way he was before, but sustaining less damage and exposing himself to far less risk in doing it.

I dont know if this new version of Gaethje would have beaten Alvarez and Poirier or not, but I certainly think he would have stood a better chance.  "Let me bang, bro" only works up to a certain degree until you get to the division's elite,  and then IQ overrides all.  All of the talent and skills in the world mean nothing if you just throw caution to the wind and see who lands first. 

Fedoral Crime -

If you're new to mma then sure, flavour of the month..

My cod this Technical Gaethje!

Fedoral Crime -

I have been watching Gaethje since his WSOF days. Most of us believed his style, although action packed and fun to watch, would only reach to the top 5 or 10... THEN he had those two loses and he's completely revamped his game. He's calculated, he doesn't take damage, and he just KO'd three top 10 fighters in a round each. He clearly has the best stand up in the LW division (just KO'd Barboza through a technical walk down and now Cowboy), and he is also an NCAA all-American. Besides Tony, he is he only true threat to Khabib, and given his devastating power and legit wrestling combined with his new tactics I would pick him over Khabib. 

You sir, need to look up the definition of flavor of the month. 

1 Like
NastyNate420 - 
Fedoral Crime -

I have been watching Gaethje since his WSOF days. Most of us believed his style, although action packed and fun to watch, would only reach to the top 5 or 10... THEN he had those two loses and he's completely revamped his game. He's calculated, he doesn't take damage, and he just KO'd three top 10 fighters in a round each. He clearly has the best stand up in the LW division (just KO'd Barboza through a technical walk down and now Cowboy), and he is also an NCAA all-American. Besides Tony, he is he only true threat to Khabib, and given his devastating power and legit wrestling combined with his new tactics I would pick him over Khabib. 

You sir, need to look up the definition of flavor of the month. 

Great post.

1 Like