Technique of the day.....

kirik i take it you are THE KIRIK that wrote the fighters notebook... if so you did a great job on it- i own one myself..

Yep,thats THE Kirik!

Granby's can be done by all body types...in a proper turtle posistion your head is down,chin to chest protecting your Neck. Forehead (front crown) is already on the mat, as are your knees and toes...Now from this proper turtle.To do this technique your simply taking the weight of your knees and distributing it to your feet and then shuffling them to the right to spin...There is no posistional change (other than maybe an inch or two) from this and regular turtle...And if he per chance does get a hook in (which he should not be able to do since you are blocking his hip from following you) ,no problem just switch to a mule kick granby and your back nuetral in a scramble situation...

Here is a "mule kick" granby.....

1.The guy has your back and sinks his right hook..

2. you take you right arm and throw it towards your left knee...

3. Roll acrossed your right shoulder as if doing a diagnal summersault (ukemi)

4. as your rolling, mule kick the right leg he has hooked...

5. The mule kick will loosen the hook and will not allow him follow and roll along with the ride...

The outcome is...you end up on your back and he ends up on his knees or on his right side,no longer in contact with you....Scramble! Cause he no longer has anythingO.k. sweep next...

Thanks Quincy, but now put up one of those badass 1/2 guard sweeps :)

Thanks!

Here is a cool half guard sweep.....

Kimura sweep...

1. You have halfguard on his right leg...

2.You attack his right arm with Kimura...

3. Make him think you really want this kimura by reefing it like your really trying....4. Now take your right leg and bring your knee out from between his legs and bring it up and place your laces on his inner left thigh...Continue to reef and disguise this as trying to create space to attack the kimura...

5.Now Give him a really good reef on that kimura and as he fights it, Quickly capture his elbow by hugging the kimura to your chest...

6.Now roll to your left and use the right foot (laces) on his thigh to elevate him for the sweep as you rotate......

P.s. his momentum from fighting the kimura makes this sweep real quick,clean and easy .Plus your also a constant threat and have openings for ude garami with the legs (Uma plata) as well...So say you try the sweep and it fails....Use his momentum of fighting it to pull and spin you into Ude Garami with the legs (Uma plata)...

short stocky guys like Rice can,some techs don't work for all body types,definetly would'nt work for mine

Thanks Q

ttt

Nice move Q

only problem..(i have done something similar)
is when you are tripoded and you put that blocker arm up if you dont keep control of his arm, he will have a nice and easy arm to armbar . i guess there is more to the move, then what you explained..im bad with reading explanations anyway..

Very cool. Thanks Q! :)

To fight off the kimura, he shouldn't lean in to his left? If so, wouldn't that make the sweep harder. And are both arms still "holding" the arm that was trying to be kimuraed? If so, how would you place his above you to sweep him (unless you're trying for the hip bump)? Couldn't just sit tight on his butt? When I picture the move you're describing, this is what I see - I'm not trying to troll or anything. For some reason, I feel that I risk exposing my back with this move.

biggy is correct. I would take your back on this move...

...or turn the ude garami against you by freeing my right leg and spinning to get my left leg over your face for the straight arm bar.

ttt

ttt

m7q8z is also correct about the spinning armbar, but there are counters for that as well.

There is no risk of him getting your back....I need to take pictures....words are crazy cause I don't even understand your question about the move you didn't understand that I wrote..lol

ttt

Now if you can demonstrate with pics and or a video clip that would be lovely.

I always have a hard time visualization of techniques with text alone.

Pics and hopefully vids would help alot.

Thank you Quince.

-Nick-