Tecia Torres Preps for Golden UFC Opportunity

Unlike past seasons of TUF, this season isn’t filled with prospects, but with elite fighters in a weight class who are just a couple steps away from a title. So, the opportunity is big for the 24 year old Torres.

Given that she doesn’t even know when she’ll be called and plucked from her normal life, team and society in general to move for a couple months to the TUF House, Torres is just trying to train as much as possible and leave her personal affairs in order.

“When I go in there, my coaches will definitely be in my heart and mind. Everybody is a potential opponent on the show so I’ve got to be ready for fifteen different styles,” she says.

“I’m upping my game in all aspects – striking, Jiu Jitsu, wrestling - so I can be ready for every single thing. All my coaches and teammates who have been on TUF or Fight Master before have given me advice. My coaches have looked at tape of a lot of the girls on the show. We haven’t gone into detail about game plans, we are just working on the basics. From what I hear the biggest issue is the mental aspect of being on the show. Weight cutting won’t be an issue for me. But not having access to the world and your people is a mental challenge.”

READ MORE

A new feature I wrote for Yahoo! Sports on TUF 20 contender Tecia Torres.

Hopefully you all enjoy

I think she's gonna wreck shop in that house.  That's one vicious little lady.

TTT.

Tecia is an animal. My pick to win show. Great personality, will be a star at 115 Phone Post 3.0

I think she is the champ at 115

Nice article!

The Tiny Tornado is short, but she is a solid ball of muscle and very fast.     

I'm not going to predict how she does in the UFC, except to say that any fight she's involved in will be exciting.... like,  Fight of the Night-contender exciting.

Thanks for reading and, I agree on Torres, SeverianB!

Oh, almost forgot.....   love her Bas Rutten tribute.     Poor Bas probably can't do that anymore!  :(

Great read. This season should be interesting.

SeverianB - 

Oh, almost forgot.....   love her Bas Rutten tribute.     Poor Bas probably can't do that anymore!  :(

And the homoshop potential is through the roof.

SeverianB - 

Nice article!

The Tiny Tornado is short, but she is a solid ball of muscle and very fast.     

I'm not going to predict how she does in the UFC, except to say that any fight she's involved in will be exciting.... like,  Fight of the Night-contender exciting.

I just wish she had more killer instinct. She's on a nine-consecutive decision streak dating back to her ammy career. They've mostly been clear victories, but it would be nice to see her put someone away.

Santino DeFranco - Great read. This season should be interesting.
Thanks, Santino. Im.really looking forward to this season as well Phone Post 3.0

SeverianB - 

Yes he can.

Cant wait for this seAson of tuf! Phone Post 3.0

Molsonmuscle360 -

I think she's gonna wreck shop in that house.  That's one vicious little lady.

Yep! Phone Post 3.0

NAAFS - Tecia is an animal. My pick to win show. Great personality, will be a star at 115 Phone Post 3.0
She also might be ATT's first UFC Champion!

Give em hell! Phone Post 3.0

man meets tate - 

haha, voted up

I'd love a Tecia vs. Felice rematch as the finals (since they are my two favorite WMMA fighters). I'd be happy if either of them won it all.

man meets tate -

Lol Phone Post 3.0