One of my all time favorite Nintendo games. Just got the Nintendo classic and have already played a few seasons. The classic version seems slightly different but I can’t tell if my memory got clouded with later football games.
Wasn’t there a button that would make you go faster but run out? kind of like excitebike how you can accelerate but if you hold it too long you slow down.
In the original there was fumbles right?
Bo seemed much faster in the original.
Felt like I could score a lot higher in the original.
OP hack that thing a and you can have a modern version of Tecmo Super bowl…same graphics and gameplay but with modern rosters! Actually, there are 3-4 version…2015 roster.s 2016 roster etc etc. it’s great
Super was great because of stat keeping, more plays, addition of fumbles and more realistic passing (incomplete passes, interceptions were much better done. Less automatic). More teams, player substitutions etc. Just a better more realistic, but still super fun experience. Possibly the GOAT football, and possibly GOAT sports game period.
The original was and is still great. One thing I preferred with the original was the paper/rock/scissor aspect of picking plays. As a rule, you had a 25% chance of picking up big yardage, 50% chance at minimal yardage and 25% chance at a loss of yardage. That element of the game made for a lot of psychological warfare between players. -this aspect of the game was minimized a lot in Super.