Ted Cruz wants El Chapo to pay for the wall.

Seems like Ted Cruz is trying to introduce a bill to have the seized assets from El Chapo, which is rumored to be around $14b, pay for the wall. Anyone know the legalities of that? Is that something they can do?

I personally think $14b could be used elsewhere but not a bad way to fund the wall if it's gonna happen regardless. Thoughts?

Creative idea from Ted

Genius. 

Wasn't he in Mexico 

I have not heard this before but I love the idea. 

Do that shit

god damn, $14 Bil? holy shit didnt realize he made that much

Where does seized money normally go?

Wow. Good idea from creepy Ted. Way to start playing ball with the team.

I doubt they actually do it, but it is a friggin good idea

I didn't know Chapo was so successful.

Chapo 2020!

Not sure how that could be legally done but when did a politician care about doing things legally.....unless it's their opponent breaking the law.

lol a wall. Smh. People are aware that the majority of illegal immigrants come here by plane and just overstaybtheir visas?  Must be one tall wall. 

BostonCharm - 

lol a wall. Smh. People are aware that the majority of illegal immigrants come here by plane and just overstaybtheir visas?  Must be one tall wall. 

So because some go in one way you should just forget about the other ways?

Great logic.

dogfb - 
BostonCharm - 

So because some go in one way you should just forget about the other ways?

Great logic.

Who cares about this stupid wall, there are veterans that are sick and can't see doctors!

Who cares about veterans, there are kids that are homeless!

Who cares about kids, there are people being raped!

Who cares about rape, there are people being murdered!

on and on and on

BostonCharm -

Big difference between someone that overstate there visa and people that walk across the boarder. You don't have a clue as to who is walking across the boarder and least someone overstays there visa we know who they are and that they are in the country. 

Please link to reputable source that says we have discretionary spending control of $14B cash of his money?

Id rather see the wall created by Korean War veteran Walt Kowalski.

We shouldn't use the 14 billion for the wall. We should just freeze the money. And then in 40 years, if we need an excuse to illegally pay off the cartel for a ransom or something, we can just say we are giving them back money we owed them.