Teddy Atlas: Dan Miragliotta should not be allowed to ref again

Time stamped 1:19:50

4 Likes

He’s not wrong. That was dangerous and sloppy

1 Like

lol - That Teddy, probably watching his first Dan fight, comes to the same conclusion many of us have to come to over the years, in the space of 60 seconds.

I don’t dislike Dan, but he has made a lot of errors over the years. Both ways too. Sometimes stops things early, sometimes late. Remember Kimbo -James Thompson.

He has also done what Herb did a few weeks ago. Go to stop the action, touch them, hesitate, and tell them to keep fighting.

Good spot, Teddy.

8 Likes

Fighters usually tell the ref before fights while their conscious of the likelihood they may not win under no circumstances stop the fight .Frank had a golden opportunity and mirgliotta let him die a warriors death great job reffing Dan …let the fighters decide their own fate…

2 Likes

The worst thing Dan has done so far was the MVP fight. He inserts his personal bias/opinion.

But then, there are not many smart people who want to do that shit job. Herzog is the best imo, Beltrans good too

2 Likes

Watching Live it was a pretty scary and obvious bad stoppage. Dan should’ve either given Mir a 10 count or stopped the fight but instead he sat in the background like Shang Tsung watching a Fatality in Mortal Kombat.

4 Likes

Lucky for Frank that guy had a soul …

It’s almost as if you don’t understand the point of a referee to begin with.

A fighters job is to fight until they can’t; a referee’s job is to protect fighters from themselves.

1 Like

In Dan’s defense there was something about Mir just standing there like that. It really made me want to see the finishing move. I mean when do you ever have a guy just in front of you like that where you can just blast him full force lol

4 Likes

Dan looked like he wanted to give Mir a chance instead of deciding what to do based on objectivity.

1 Like

2 Likes

Teddy made the point I made before the fight, it should have NEVER been sanctioned in the first place. The org and the Texas commission suck.

2 Likes

Yes, that Kimbo restart was a disgrace. I loved Kimbo but did not want him to win with help from the ref.

2 Likes

Dan danced with the Devil

3 Likes

Agreed.

Blood for the blood god

Dan the Tan at his best here

2 Likes

If that was a HW killer who pounces on you like Tyson or Wilder, Frank could well have died in that fight

Disgraceful from Dan, I agree he should lost his license, he’s lost any and all respect as a Ref

All of the above is if the whole fight was legit of course, which is up in the air in these two bit promotions

2 Likes