Tell me about Baret Yoshida please

Jason-

with all due respect if you go against Baret Yoshida you will lose.

Jason - his instructionals are very reflective of his game, so if you buy or borrow those it will give you a good basic idea of what to expect. Also, he's been in every ADCC, so you can watch those as well.

Yves Jockstrap, Thanks a lot. Man, you just destroyed my confidence. LOL

thanks for all the input guys!!

Good luck Jason. It ain't gonna be easy. But NO glory in an easy fight right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ADCC2005

ttt, good luck man. By the way can someone post all the MMA fights he has had?

Baret is the man

He's as good as they say also a Sick Grappler and a hell of a humble guy! Good luck..

**P.S. watch your arms, legs, and neck! LOL

fast and loose like royler, all over the place. in the adcc, he seems to like to fight from the bottom, with a flexible moving guard.

i think he liked set ups for triangles, and armbars from the guard. he liked to pull guard a lot and fight from the bottom, but he is extremely aggressive, and will exploit any opening you give him when you react to his change in positioning.

i think he preferred open guard more. he seems to always go for submission and is fearless; he doesn't play a stalling game.

Yup, he is THE man.
If my remember correctly Royler basically held on for dear life and stalled for as much as he could.

Yoshida does not fight for points and is a martial artist I admire a lot.

But Jason, I don't wanna sound rude, because its cool that you are getting to fight in Japan etc.
But weren't you here last time asking similar stuff about about Tokoro?
These guys are some of the best grapplers in the world and if you hope to be among them you are gonna have to start doing your homework - getting familiar with who the top guys are and watching them do there thing.

Good luck!

How much does Baret weigh?

From his videos he doesnt look that heavy. HIs guard game is super awesome!

i agree with opash. no offense jason, but tokoro and yoshida are two of the best guys in the game right now, and you post on this board. how do you not know anytjing about them? their videos are everywhere.

dogface may be right about that. i would be weary of his guard.

i didn't see this match before but i know it happended.

BJ defeated Baret by points in Hawaii. He passed Baret's guard and held side control. Don't know anything other than that. I believe it happened before either of them were black belts. Somebody help me out. RAZE, FCTV808????

confirmed.

"Whatever you do, watch out for his armbars, sweeps, triangles, throws, takedowns, leglocks, chokes and the occasional punch and kick. "

LOL.

Rumor also has it that only a handful of people in the world can pass his guard. I don't think even Leo (the guy that beat Eddie Bravo) could do it in a recent ADCC match, and often Baret wasn't even using his arms.

In the semis of ADCC 2003 Leo Vieira pwned Eddie Bravo passing his gurad lik eit was butter and scoring 16 points or smth. on him
In the final the same Leo couldn't pass even once Baret's guard and won by a td.
But anyway, maybe Eddie is not a good example...

"Yup, he is THE man. If my remember correctly Royler basically held on for dear life and stalled for as much as he could."

hey does anyone have a vid?
I'd be VERY interested to see a Baret Yoshida vs Royler Gracie match.

Barret was amazing at that tournament.

He subbed his way to the final match with Royler.

I've never seen that fight, I wonder how it went.

while we're at the subject - at the same tournament where Bravo fought Leozinho, the final match was Leozinho - Yoshida.

Does anyone know how that fight went?