tell me about ELMER WATERHEN

anybody want to tell me what they know about elmer waterhen?

how did his fights with jacob macdonald, jesse bongfeldt, and chris ade go?

who does he train under? is he more of a striker of a grappler?

he is a striker from CFC in saskatoon. thats all i know, tough guy but beateable. takedown defense almost nil and groundskills nothing special. striking is pretty good though.

thanks sean, where do you fight out of?

Elmer is definately a tough guy and can take a punch, but I agree with SeanQuinn. As for his previous fights:

Lose Chris Ade Submission (Arm Bar)

Lose Jesse Bongfeldt Submission (Side Choke) 2:12 Win Jacob Macdonald Decision (Unanimous Decision)

im out of Regina Infight Jiujitsu/RBJJ...are you lookin to fight him? he fought one of my teammates (Rob Lang) back in august. Rob won by tko i believe. knees to the head.

my training partner is scheduled to fight him. thanks combs, i was looking for any more detail on the fights if you have it.

why is the fight with lang not up on sherdog?

Rob Lang

http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fighter.asp?FighterID=259001

hi AJ, how ya doin man. i got the last complete mma email. sounds like things are going well!!

Tough dude but limited ground skills. I this that Grant is going to have his way.

hey loaf...hows the boys doing down there?

hopefully breaking everything in well?

cant wait to see ya..cheers

Pete

i guess i beat elmer back in june , he is tough and he is working hard on his takedown defense. he really avoids going to the ground at all cost , he is a unorthadoct (spelling) ? striker and to make the mattters worse a south paw to , he has beaten some good fighters to date just by being tough and throwing wild strikes .........does that help ?

yes it does, thanks chris.

KING OF THE CAGE: CAPITAL CHAOS
LIVE! MARCH 28, 2007

ROBERT GUERTIN ARENA- Hull, Quebec

TICKETS ON SALE NOW AT WWW.RESERVATECH.NET OR 1-819-773-7360

ARE YOU READY FOR THE RETURN OF THE CAGE?

CANADAS PRODIGY TAKES THE NEXT STEP

Mark Bocek Vs Jake Short (155 lbs)

In being every promoters dream, Mark Bocek has quickly become every promoter?s nightmare because after only 3 pro MMA fights, he has become a fighter that other Canadian 155 pound athletes will not face. ?Ken and I have gone through our phone books from coast to coast with the same reply. It was obvious to us that Mr. Bocek has already bypassed the Canadian level and will compete at the KOTC world level? says Freedom Fight and KOTC?s Pete Rodley. On January 20th he faced a top ranked John Mahlow, a fighter with tons of experience who took Mac Danzig to the limit, and Bocek made victory look easy in there. It turns out that the task to find Mark a worthy opponent was only a phone call away when Detroit?s Jake Short was approached. With wins over such notables as UFC TUF vet Melvin Guillard and Forrest Petz, Jake has impressed many MMA insiders while earning a 12-7 pro MMA record. Jake is looking to climb his way up to a KOTC 155 title shot and see?s a win over the highly touted Bocek as the ideal way to achieve just that!

This is what Jake had to say about the big fight:

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT COMPETING IN KOTC? I am exciting to make my return to Canada KOTC. It should be a good opportunity to get my name out to more fans.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR OPPONANT MARC BOCEK? I know he is a world class grappler. Who has submitted all of his opponents in MMA competition

DO YOU HAVE A MESSAGE FOR MARK? Train hard so we can give the fans the best fight possible!

WHAT CAN CANADIAN FANS EXPECT FROM JAKE SHORT? Much more than what they saw last time in Calgary... I was very disappointed in how that fight turned out. I truly hope i can show Canadian fans what the "Man of Steel" can really do in that cage.

The Canadian phenom had the following to say about his next test in the cage:

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR KOTC DEBUT ON JANUARY 20? -My last fight went the way I thought it would. John Mahlow is a tough guy but I just tried to stick to my game plan and execute it and it worked well. I wish him luck... HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT COMPETING IN KOTC? -FF 2007 was a great event overall, I never fought in a cage before. I had always wanted to and finally got my chance and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to the next one... WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE FACT THAT WE HAD TO BRING IN ANOTHER USA KOTC FIGHTER FOR YOU TO FACE? -I know that too many people in Canada don't want to fight me at 155lbs. I guess they see me as a bad match up, however I will keep on fighting and getting better... WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR OPPONANT JAKE SHORT? -Jake Short is a tough guy and I'm not overlooking him at all. I like fighting tough guys so to the fans expect a great fight and I will come out victorious... HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WEARING A KOTC TITLE BELT? -Hopefully within a couple more fights I will be fighting for the KOTC belt...

WHO IS NEXT IN LINE AT 170 LBS?

TJ Grant VS. Elmer Waterhen (170 lbs)

At KOTC: Freedom Fight 2007 TJ Grant completely dominated the then undefeated Nick Portieous improving his Pro MMA record to 5-0. With this performance he solidified his place in the KOTC 170 pound rankings. Known for his vicious slams, aggressive stand up strikes and efficient ground game, TJ is now ready to start looking at a KOTC title opportunity. In central Canada, Elmer Waterhen has built himself quite the reputation as a crafty scrapper while racking up a solid 4-2 pro MMA record. On March 28 these two warriors will battle it out to determine who is next in line for a shot at the KOTC 170 Canadian title.

ONLY IN KING OF THE CAGE!!!!!

As in the past, the event will provide tons of excitement within the local community. Already planned for March 27th are the official event weigh - ins at the HARD ROCK CAF? in Ottawa. This is a great opportunity to meet the athletes who will put it all on the line and mingle with MMA personalities while enjoying the environment that only THE HARD ROCK CAF? can provide. Fighters tip the scales at 2:00 PM.

As a special treat to KING OF THE CAGE fans and OTTAWAENTERTAINMENT.CA visitors we will be doing a ring girl search on line!!!! Visit www.ottawaentertainment.ca to vote for the hottest contestant that will be chosen to join Sandra and Cindy as the CAGE MAIDENS for all KOTC events in the capital region.

Now get your pics in ladies and get ready to vote everyone!!!!!

BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW TO EARN KOTC DISCOUNT

The official hotel of Freedom Fight Productions and King of the Cage events is once again THE HOLIDAY INN GATINEAU. As a gesture to our great fans, this fine establishment is offering a special rate of $ 99.00 for double occupancy rooms. Don?t leave your plans to the last minute and contact a big supporter of Canadian MMA using the information below.

The Holiday Inn Plaza la Chaudiere Gatineau is once again the official hotel of KING OF THE CAGE: CAPITAL CHAOS! Conveniently located in the heart of Gatineau's business district and minutes from downtown Ottawa, this 4 star facility offers 232 spacious rooms, pool, whirlpool, sauna, restaurant, bar, parking and more. Call 800-567-1962 or 819-778-3880 for more information, and be sure to mention that you?re coming for KING OF THE CAGE: CAPITAL CHAOS to get your discounted rate of $99.00 per night. The hotel is located at 2, rue Montcalm, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, JBX 4B4. BOOK EARLY TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPECIAL RATE!

KING OF THE CAGE: CAPITAL CHAOS WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME THE NEWEST MEMBERS OF THE TEAM???

HEADBLADE

SPORT SPECIFIC TRAINING

EXTREME FIGHT GEAR

KING OF THE CAGE: CAPITAL CHAOS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES:

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK

HOLIDAY INN GATINEAU

THE OTTAWA SUN

106.9 THE BEAR

HEADBLADE

SPORT SPECIFIC TRAINING

EXTREME FIGHT GEAR

MAX MEDIA

OTTAWAENTERTAINMENT.CA

THE HARD ROCK CAF?

FAIRTEX GEAR

U TAN

DIVINITIVE

HIGROCORP

SINZ PRODUCTIONS

HULL PIZZA

RONIN MMA

ARCTIC TAN WHOLESALE

FIT MMA

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THE GREATEST SPORT ON EARTH?MMA!!!!!!