Tell me about Hybrid Cars.

What do you know about them? Are they as good a deal as they sound? What are some of the pro's and con's of owning one?

Well, my sister-in-law has a Pious that is bright red and when my 3yo son saw it he yelled, "McQueen!".

They are a better option than pure gas based but it's all bullshit. They have better solutions that they aren't selling us.

Watch 'Who Killed The Electric Car" for more evidence of the car (and petrol) company's bullshit line.

expensive buy in. Takes years to pay off in your pocket. depending on gas prices, and how much you drive offcourse. Also not much is known on resale value.

but they are a step in the right direction. Eventually as the technology improves they will be more worth it.

My uncle's got a Prius. I don't know about the mileage, but the thing is a techno marvel. I was constantly bugging out on stuff.

Unless you really drive a shitload of miles, they aren't worth it (from a money standpoint). Higher cost of ownership.

The money you save in gas is less than the extra money you pay for the vehicle.

Plus, the MPG estimates are far from accurate.

..."Plus, the MPG estimates are far from accurate."

This is true for every single vehicle MPG quote out there now. That's why they're redoing the mileage reporting standards.

I had a Prius. Ask any question you want. I loved the car and I could give too fucking shits about what people think about how it looks. I like it and if you like technology, it rules.

yes, it is true that it will take a few years to "make up" the cost, but I did not buy it for the cost savings at all. How many miles do you drive a year?

i have an Escape 4wd hybrid and I get about 34mpg right now. i really like it. if you do a lot of city driving then a hybrid could be a good thing for you. i wish someone would make a diesel hybrid so i could run on bio-diesel and electricity. seems the tech for hybrids just keep getting better.

yeah, city driving will be better than highway. Good point.

Economical or not, the Prius is a cool fucking car.

Re mileage: You'll find that you get better mileage with stop-n-go city driving than long trips on the freeway.

waste of money

take public transit

"I had a Prius. Ask any question you want. I loved the car and I could give too fucking shits about what people think about how it looks."

That's what I was going to comment on....they LOOK awful.

For a super-compact car, it doesn't look bad at all.

It's a lot better looking than my Suzuki Aerio:

Edit: Fucking hot-link nazis. I give up.

I only saw one pic of it.