Tell me about Micro-Battles

I am a military man. We study what we term micro-terrian battles. I have been suddenly intrigued by the term Micro-Battle. Are these things related?

A micro-terrain battle is the conduct of a platoon or squad exersice using the same training matrix of a larger unit, in order to develop the same principle without the same commitment in resources.

What is a micro-battle?

The term we use is BALLISTIC MICRO-FIGHT.

Though the terms are very similar, and some of the benefits are philosophically the same, the specificity of the exercise seems quite different.

The BALLISTIC MICRO-FIGHT is a concept I started doing 6-7 years ago while working with my HIGH GEAR proto-types. It kind of emerged as a result of testing the gear's impact reduction capabilities and a little light-bulb went off. Now I use it as a major component of our training systems to increase the safety and effectiveness of simulations.

Often during a simulation, a tactical flaw or technical safety concern occurs, but because of the gear or the tempo it is overlooked or merely pointed out in a de-brief.. This is not sufficient make it part of a warriors tool box,

I use a process I refer to as REPLICATION THEORY whereby wee create repetitive sequences of specific attacks, counters, Murphy Moments and so on. Those are then repeated so that failure/recovery principles are developed, Murphy Conversions are created. The sequencing can be done slowly or with great intensity as long as they are 3-Dimensional always [an emotional/psychological/physical reality]. This further imbues the warrior athlete with insight and mental blueprints [important in improving perception speed during any altercation].

Done properly, the result is a much deeper understanding of the various stages of an attack/confrontation and the real result is greater clarity which leads to greater confidence.

Read the HOW DO I STOP ERIC COBB thread, Eric is one of my PDR coaches and replies to a question from another forum. Aside form Eric's explanation of some of the subtleties of our simulation process [which is very very different than most others out there], if you are a trainer or a student of training [which all of us should be], then what is really important about this thread is that it demonstrates that my research and system is transferable to others.

Obviously there is more to the BMF process, but this is a brief overview. We do have tapes on the process [two that are LEO/mil only].

Tony

BTW: I liked and appreciated your post re: the FOG OF WAR comment. Hope this helped. Email us if you want an info pack sent. blauerhelp@videotron.ca

We also have a military and law enforcement directory in our site www.tonyblauer.com

FYI, here is a list of agencies incorporating our HIGH GEAR Impact Reduction Suit into their simulation curricula:

Elements from FLETC, DOD [Army, NAVSPECWARCEN] Seminole Cty Sheriff's Office, FBI, Las Vegas Metro PD, Customs, RCMP, Canadian Police College, DOE, Colorado State Patrol Academy, FT. Pierce PD, Pasco Cty Sheriff, US Border Patrol Academy, Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office, Macon County Probation, Dept of Army, Kennedy Space Center, Justice Institute of BC and many other agencies & training groups.

For info and animation cut & paste: http://tonyblauer.com/Tactical/HighGearSuit2.html

ttt

If you post on the archives, does anybody read it?

There has been some effort to improve de briefs, always
a Marine Corps de brief come out as "everybody did a great job, had some problems with comm, but great job."

That is an empty de-brief. It is true expressing concern for mistakes when they happen will likely improve future performances faster than bringing it up at the end of the mission.

Will be checking out your web addresses promptly.