Tell me about the Wolf Pack.

Just read an article in OUtdoor magazine about Kala Alexander and figured you cats would know some shit.

Here's the beginning of the story:

http://outside.away.com/outside/culture/200811/surfing-hawaii-1.html

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY FIGHTS I've been in. I don't even think about that kind of stuff. I'm just trying to stay out of fights now. But, yeah, there's one I'm most known for.

It was at Pipeline in 2002. Typical December day there—solid six-foot swell, hundreds of people on the beach, and too many guys in the water. I was on the beach when I saw this guy cut Braden Dias off. He could have killed him. Braden and I are good friends, both Hawaiians. I didn't even wait for the guy to come in before I started running down the beach. I just kind of lost it. He didn't want to fight. He kept saying, "No, no, no." But I hit him three times. I didn't know the guy. I heard that he was some kind of fighter from Brazil. He was bigger than me. But it wasn't really a fight. You can see that in the video—it's online somewhere.

I really regret the whole thing. Immediately afterward, though, my thinking was, If this makes people hesitate before they drop in and put someone's life in danger, then some good can come of it. Pipeline was just out of control.

<!-- www/global/pullquotetag_box.adp -->

lol?

If you wanna know about the Wolf Pack then go to the North Shore and try starting some shit at Pipe.

Diken Cider - If you wanna know about the Wolf Pack then go to the North Shore and try starting some shit at Pipe.

Wow. Are they a bunch of internet tough guys like you brah?

LMAO @ that video

what was that guy thinking. and he still stuck around afterwards?

Rough day at the beach.

Posty Magee - 
Diken Cider - If you wanna know about the Wolf Pack then go to the North Shore and try starting some shit at Pipe.

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. How is that trying to be a tough guy? Dumb ass.

LOL

Diken Cider - 
Posty Magee - 

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. How is that trying to be a tough guy? Dumb ass.

I said i read up on the above pictured dude. The snippet i posted said what you said. How is that an answer?

So what do you specificly want to know that the article didn't cover?

I figured you guys would have stories of wild Wolf Pack-B-Ques, where micros were forced to fight in the courtyards of sand castles, and haoles were uppercutted from island to island.

lmao postee

i like this whole sand castle idea.

funny shit... lmao

the beach and waves belong to everyone. america, love it or leave it.

The 808

At first I thought you were talking about the football team made up of 5 schools. Hahaha.

The article you posted is pretty self explanatory. I have never had any bad dealings with anyone on the North Shore. But when I was younger I rarely surfed north shore since I lived in Waianae and never had a car. The one time we camped and surfed north shore we met a cousin who was connected down there. I drove my moms 1960s AMC Rambler station wagon down there, we pitched a tent kind of close to the park so we could use the bathrooms. It was cool. The waves was small and the Kauai guys never existed on North Shore at the time late 1970s, early 1980s.

My dad was a police officer who worked North Shore and he said it was pretty mellow down there. North Shore waves were regulated/protected by the Da Hui / "Black Shorts" since they were surfers who used to wear black shorts all the time. My dad said, so long as you never disrespected them and treated them fairly you would get no hassles when you had to question or arrest them.

Here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=da+hui

da hui 212 up, 66 down
Da Hui started in 1976 when Eddie Rothman and Squiddy along with Perry Dane and other "Braddahs" were tired of the Haoles from the mainland and Australia coming to the Islands taking all the ways and Disrespecting the locals. The first time people ever saw Da Hui or back then they were called "Da Black Shorts" in full enforcement was during a surf contest which was held by Fred hemmings in 1976. Eddie Rothman and his Crew paddled out during the second heat ( a contest of which they were not in)They caught waves and and were surfing as if there was no contest. Fred Hemmings was so angry that he told some local guys to paddle out to stop them. The local boys replyed "Fuck you Haole you know who they are?" Fred had no idea who these guys were and he because of his ingnorance said "no who are they?" the local boys replyed again and said "Brah, that's Da Hui and nobody messes with them" Now there is a reason why Eddie Rothman and his Crew paddled out that day, and it was not an act of being a badass or getting in the mags, No.The reason was they were tired of all the political bullshit surfing contests had. Alot of mainland and some australian sponsers would hold surf contest and not even once have one Hawaiian in the contest. It was a powerful point they made that day. Thus from then on Da Hui has been respected all over the islands and is in charge of all water safty for surf contest on the North Shore of Oahu and they help and sponser alot of beach and ocean clean ups all over the world... So here's some words of wisdom from a Memeber of Da Hui. " Treat Da Hui them with Respect and let them have there share of waves IN OUR OWN LAND, Either be nice or Get Bus Up" (beat up)...Aloha
Da Hui, in hawaiian Hui means (group or club) Da hui is a well respected group of surfers..

See this article on the Hollywood movie called North Shore by Jerry Lopez.

http://www.thecleanestline.com/2008/04/north-shore.html

Here is a video:

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2009/01/22/sports/othersports/1231545957469/surfing-s-dark-side-on-the-north-shore.html

Here is the most even reported article I have read.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/15/fashion/15surfing.html?pagewanted=all

So from my understanding, Da Hui / black shorts transformed to the Wolf Pak. I guess the two are interchangeable. No surfing movie is made without them on the North Shore and according to most movie productions, the movies are made without any incidents/thefts, are on time and are on schedule.

I have met Eddie Rothman many times on different locations and he was nothing but nice to me even telling me to come down to the house for bbq. Same with the big guy.

Steamfitter -  the beach and waves belong to everyone. america, love it or leave it.

Leave it and go where? Ignorant Ass.