Tell me about underwriters?

Mother Fucking wizard of oz mother fuckers piss me off. Like you can't talk to them. There is no real name for an underwriter. Like, "ill call Jim". Banks and insurance companies hide behind them.

These fuckers seemingly decide the date of the world but I've never even met someone in the profession.

Wtf! Phone Post 3.0

See.. No one knows anything about them Phone Post 3.0

i know a lot of them. work with them daily. what do you want to know?

They are enigmas.... Phone Post 3.0

What do they do all day? Phone Post 3.0

I was one for a while

jrj - What do they do all day? Phone Post 3.0

make sure the loan you're trying to get meets the guidelines of the institution lending the money.

Ok but why doesn't the loan officer do this with the managers approval?

Why isn't the underwriter in house?

Are they smarter? More thorough? More trustworthy? Just another later of security? Why did they all let the financial collapse loans go through then? Do they just have another boss that said open the floodgates, Fuck checking this shit, just let them loan!

They are both bank employees so They could easily both Phone Post 3.0

Wait underwriters are a 3rd party?

That makes more sense.

Still these FAGGOTS knew ppl could not afford their loans. Blood is on their hands. Phone Post 3.0

I've underwritten on some deals with a bank.

Corporate deals though.

jrj - Ok but why doesn't the loan officer do this with the managers approval?

Are they smarter? More thorough? More trustworthy? Just another later of security? Why did they all let the financial collapse loans go through then? Do they just have another boss that said open the floodgates, Fuck checking this shit, just let them loan!

It sounds to me like you're steaming over some retail bank nonsense, but in my world sales people bring in deals, underwriters write the deal up and sell it to credit and it is ultimately up to the credit department to approve or not.

Maybe direct your internet rage at the credit officers and not the people who are paid to try and get things through?

jrj - Ok but why doesn't the loan officer do this with the managers approval?

because it takes time to undewrite a loan. sometimes a few days.

and the underwriters are at times in house, sometimes they're not.

smarter? sometimes. more thorough? i guess. it's not their job to sell the terms, it's their job to assess the risk and make sure you're not going to default.

why did they let the collapse happen? who says it's all on them? guidelines change dummy. sometimes monthly. when guidelines loosen up, they underwrite to those guidelines. when they tighten up they do the same.

go back to watching springer and drinking coors light and work on increasing your credit scores before you have another outburst like this. it's very unbecoming.

jrj - Wait underwriters are a 3rd party?

That makes more sense.

Still these FAGGOTS knew ppl could not afford their loans. Blood is on their hands. Phone Post 3.0

90% of the time they were not 3rd party. who told you that?

they knew? lol, okay. thats why there are so many undewriters turned multimillionaires from betting the market prior to the crash.

Wait..your telling me not to vent on the og? Where the Fuck else would I vent?!

Not really venting, just trying to understand. Don't i dont, they must be faghots, duh Phone Post 3.0

jrj - Wait..your telling me not to vent on the og? Where the Fuck else would I vent?!

Not really venting, just trying to understand. Don't i dont, they must be faghots, duh Phone Post 3.0

I'm lost on retail banking and personal loans and insurance and mortgages etc.

Let's talk big business and I can fill you in!

I am useless for your needs lol

Seems shit works differently...but I am sure that even underwriters doing that shit MUST stick to policy. However loosely-goosey that policy may be.

I'm an underwriter.

And fuck no you can't have my direct line hahahahah Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh - I'm an underwriter.

And fuck no you can't have my direct line hahahahah Phone Post 3.0

he wants your direct line so he can explain why you should use the income he receives under the table from the people living in his garage and the work he does on the side as a tow truck driver for the local apartment complex.

all so he can take 50K in equity out of his home to start a new "business"

There are different kinds of underwriters. Sounds like you mean mortgage underwriters. I don't know any of them, but I know some insurance underwriters.

I'm an insurance underwriter and I occasionally deal directly with customers, but the majority of my agents would rather have their clients call them.  Also, they earn a hefty commission, so I better not be doing their job for them.

I'm a mortgage consultant who works directly with underwriters daily. What questions do you have? Phone Post 3.0