Tell me about underwriters?

Yes. This is for a mortgage. How many different kinds are there?

From what I have gathered. There is several layers. Lets figure this out.

-loan officer (fact input her)
-loan processor (fact checker)
-underwriter (lazy guideline follower) Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh - I'm an underwriter.

And fuck no you can't have my direct line hahahahah Phone Post 3.0
And there you have it folks. Tells you a lot. Underwriters are OG'ing while you work your ass off and try to secure a better future.

I need some shady underwriter stories. Wizard of oz mother fuckers Phone Post 3.0

"I want to talk to the underwriter! Phone Post 3.0

Mr. Wright -
Shiloh - I'm an underwriter.

he wants your direct line so he can explain why you should use the income he receives under the table from the people living in his garage and the work he does on the side as a tow truck driver for the local apartment complex.

all so he can take 50K in equity out of his home to start a new "business"

Lol Phone Post 3.0

jrj -
Shiloh - I'm an underwriter.

And there you have it folks. Tells you a lot. Underwriters are OG'ing while you work your ass off and try to secure a better future.

I need some shady underwriter stories. Wizard of oz mother fuckers Phone Post 3.0
It's 653 pm and I'm still at work son! Phone Post 3.0

jrj - "I want to talk to the underwriter! Phone Post 3.0
You talk to your overpaid agent, he takes the shit. Then I tell at your overpaid agent for turning in this unorganized bullshit excuse for your loan docs. Then he gets me a coffee while I make fun of his shoes. Before I leave I will approve or decline your loan depending on how quick that coffee gets here LOL. Phone Post 3.0

jrj - Yes. This is for a mortgage. How many different kinds are there?

From what I have gathered. There is several layers. Lets figure this out.

-loan officer (fact input her)
-loan processor (fact checker)
-underwriter (lazy guideline follower) Phone Post 3.0
How many different kinds of loan programs? Lots.

There's also the mortgage closer and escrow officer at a title company. Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie -
jrj - Ok but why doesn't the loan officer do this with the managers approval?

Why isn't the underwriter in house?

Are they smarter? More thorough? More trustworthy? Just another later of security? Why did they all let the financial collapse loans go through then? Do they just have another boss that said open the floodgates, Fuck checking this shit, just let them loan!

They are both bank employees so They could easily both Phone Post 3.0

It sounds to me like you're steaming over some retail bank nonsense, but in my world sales people bring in deals, underwriters write the deal up and sell it to credit and it is ultimately up to the credit department to approve or not.

Maybe direct your internet rage at the credit officers and not the people who are paid to try and get things through?

nope sounds like he went through a mortgage or insurance broker. his contact is blaming his issues on "the underwriter at the bank".

what is the issue that you can explain? Phone Post 3.0

I have no issues, you goons. U just do t get why the guy keeps saying "underwriter" like it's some unknown non contactable person. Lets talk to this fagggot Phone Post 3.0

What bugs me is that the underwriter is the guy that needs his dick sucked the hardest and they won't let me do it! Phone Post 3.0

My insurance agent, I mean faggot, also says underwriter day to I often. Phone Post 3.0

jrj - What bugs me is that the underwriter is the guy that needs his dick sucked the hardest and they won't let me do it! Phone Post 3.0
Because no matter how hard you personally suck it, nothing will change. That all depends on your agent and processor and their dicksuxking skills. Phone Post 3.0

jrj - I have no issues, you goons. U just do t get why the guy keeps saying "underwriter" like it's some unknown non contactable person. Lets talk to this fagggot Phone Post 3.0
It's a way of blaming shit your agent can't control. As an underwriter, I don't even care he does it. It's common. You can't argue with a guy you can't talk too. You and agent bond over me being an asshole, you get the doc your dumbass agent was supposed to get in the first place lol, everybody wins. Phone Post 3.0

Ok, so I got all my shit in, signed,etc. Now appraisal, and talk to processor monday. Then to underwriter, right?

And its supposed to close first week of Dec. WTF? Why so long? Game? What can I do to speed up? What else are they going to ask for?

I want to get ahead and be on top of it, but they don't seem to be straight up at all. Nice, following the rules, yes, but something feels like i'm always getting played. Like they just have pre-packaged answers at all times, and I have no say. It just seems like a crazy amount of BS when

I only owe $55,000. The home is worth $180k or more. I've already payed $30k off first year with down,etc. my credit is great

Like, seriously? Its $300 a month for this loan.

Just fucking fund it already, you faggots.

Reading that pisses me off. I've literally payed for more than 30% of this home and the bank is questioning my ability to pay, work, and maintain that work while have a great credit history. I'm like the prefect fucking client.

Jesus fucking Christ, idiots.