Tell me about Yoshihiro Akiyama

How good is he? I've never seen the guy fight.

100 posts for sure

He is good enough to call himself Sexyama

http://www.fightopinion.com/2009/04/21/is-yoshihiro-akiyama-mister-hollywood/

Akiyama was in attendance at the UFC 97 Montreal even and revealed two nicknames he will be using - "Mister Hollywood" and "Sexyama," because that’s how he rolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft_9KIl_rkI

GSP will be dazzled by the Adonisesque outfits Sexyama will be wearing to press conferences

He's a very good judoka with some striking skills. I remember him dropping a dude with a spinning kick to the liver. Might do very well, might not. I still want to see him fight.

And NO, I'm not a Japanophile, a fighter's a fighter as far as I'm concerned.

yeah fuck that Im no Japanophile and I love Akiyama

bhamill - He's a very good judoka with some striking skills. I remember him dropping a dude with a spinning kick to the liver. Might do very well, might not. I still want to see him fight.

And NO, I'm not a Japanophile, a fighter's a fighter as far as I'm concerned.

as cool as spinning back kicks to the liver are, it was against a lightweight (and not a good one)

"Tell me about Yoshihiro Akiyama "

Well I can tell you he has nice fucking scarf.

Sexyama!

anyway the cliff's notes are that he's a judoka with some solid boxing fundamentals, a decent ground game and big power, he doesn't throw anything flashy and he has good straight punches, but he doesn't throw many combos and he's bad at dealing with leg kicks

also he has an impeccable tan

Naughty Gorilla - "Tell me about Yoshihiro Akiyama "

Well I can tell you he has nice fucking scarf.

LMFAO!!

If that doesn't sell you on Akiyama, nothing will!

He made everyone's favorite "athletic" fighter Melvin Manhoef look like an amatuer in under 2:00.

He'll likely be the next in line to come over and drop 3 out of 4 in the UFC.

"he beat Manhoef who would leave Anderson Silva in a comatose."

Anderson would tap Manhoef out within a minute of it going to the mat. On the feet he would stick and move and eat zero big shots.

He's ethnically Korean.

markffd - He's ethnically Korean.

and ethically North Korean.

Diego stole my name - GSP will be dazzled, when Akiyama shows him how to properly apply grease.

Fixed

How can GSP be dazzled by Akiyamas greasing when Akiyama got busted and suspended along with having his win turned into a NC while GSP still has that W over Penn?

Sir. I spit on your lame joke!