Tell me about your ancestors

My ancestors were a Germanic tribe.
My ancestors were enslaved by the Romans
My ancestors died fighting and being eaten in the coliseum
My ancestors sailed along the European coast killing raping and pillaging
My ancestors were christianized by Charlemagne
My ancestors were explorers and settlers
My ancestors freed themselves from King George the most powerful monarchy on earth
My ancestors created a Democratic Republic that is protected by a constitution 
My ancestors whipped slaves as they toiled in the sun
My ancestors died by the hundreds of thousands freeing those very slaves
My ancestors returned to Europe and freed the world of the Nazis
My ancestors wrote and signed the civil Rights act.
My ancestors invited all men to partake in freedom no matter race color or creed

I'm not going to apologize for my ancestors. I wouldn't last ten days in their world. I can't except a thank you either. 

Tell me about your ancestors. 

2 Likes

Thread ended up being cool anyway. My apologies. 

1 Like

jarroyo -

I thought this was gonna be a cool thread but it turned into a weird diatribe on not being guilty about being white. 
Dude if you associate with the right people of all colors then you won’t be made to feel like white people are evil. Logical people don’t think you should have to apologize for being white. Drop that chip off your shoulder my man. Ignore the identity politics. 

So ignore the overwhelming idiotic narrative.

Haha quit being ridiculous and tell me something cool about your ancestors 

It's fascinating that our human history is not just written in blood. It's dip soaked and saturated in it. 

1 Like

VHStapefan -
jarroyo -

I thought this was gonna be a cool thread but it turned into a weird diatribe on not being guilty about being white. 
Dude if you associate with the right people of all colors then you won’t be made to feel like white people are evil. Logical people don’t think you should have to apologize for being white. Drop that chip off your shoulder my man. Ignore the identity politics. 

It's fascinating that our human history is not just written in blood. It's dip soaked and saturated in it. 

He’s right, get off the internet for a while and you’ll realize no one worth it gives a flying fuck

1 Like

danybayamon23 -
VHStapefan -
jarroyo -

He’s right, get off the internet for a while and you’ll realize no one worth it gives a flying fuck

I gave a fuck long before all of this.  I really enjoy history. Without a good knowledge of history you will probably have a problematic world view. 

Quit play video games and learn something. Educate someone

VHStapefan - 

My ancestors freed themselves from King George the most powerful monarchy on earth
My ancestors invited all men to partake in freedom no matter race color or creed

I'm not going to apologize for my ancestors. I wouldn't last ten days in their world. I can't except a thank you either. 

Your ancestors were a Germanic tribe.

Then you have them returning to Europe to fight Nazis.

That's pretty specific. How do you know your ancestors weren't Nazi too?

2 Likes

Paternal Grandpa was from North Dakota, he was a locksmith. Maternal Grandpa was from New Mexico, he worked for Santa Fe railroad. 1/2 Scottish, 1/2 Mexican, I love bagpipes, tacos, Mariachi music, and commingling with sheep.

2 Likes

VHStapefan -

What Germanic tribe? Farthest I can trace my maternal side back is to the Norman invasion of England. Paternal is around 1700's in Northern Italy.

I come from a long line of kings and conquerors. They took France, Italy and Jerusalem. Didn't leave me a single red cent.

So, yeah. They can eat my ass. No jelly. No syrup.

My ancestors were from the Baltics (many family members still there). They engaged in a long and bloody war with Prussia then became a long established farming family until Communist Russia came knocking and took/were given the land. My relatives were a mixed group of gulag victims (and survivors), war hero’s, executed political dissidents and people trying to continue on as normal. Fuck communism.

1 Like

My great X 8 grandfather came to the USA in the late 1600’s. I believe he was on the second boat here. My sister is a huge history buff and made me a scrapbook so I have birth certificates, death certificates, wills places of burial, Where they resided etc...going that far back on my fathers side.

Flavorful -
VHStapefan - 

Your ancestors were a Germanic tribe.

Then you have them returning to Europe to fight Nazis.

That's pretty specific. How do you know your ancestors weren't Nazi too?

Definitely a chance Nazism is not the worst that my ancestors did. 

North Germanic / Celtic / Scandinavian due to my pasty white skin and red as fuck hair. Viking stock all day. Built for cold, wet and cloudy weather.

My father used to beat me

I ran away at 16, and emancipated.

Laffitte pirates on my mother's side. 

Also Luis Van Rooten

My dad's side had some horse thieves way back when who were executed.

My great great grandfather was a Georgia state senator during the time of the Civil War. He voted for succession in favor of it. He did not own slaves.

Ulster-Scots, came to America before the Declaration, slave owners in the south. Blue blood ancestry but it doesn't help me in this current day and age.

Fuck it

"So I used the cousin thing, as like, an in with her" - My great, great, great grandfather