Tell me how I work this Gracie Diet?

I am here:

http://gracieseminars.com/GracieDiet.htm

Is this where I need to be?

What are these groups I keep reading about? Do I pick one group and stick with it or do I eat from all of these groups?

I need some help in getting this thing started.

Thanks for any help at all.

Gracie Diet

Can someone tell me how the Gracie's developed this diet and how exactly do they know it works?

basically its like the same thing in the team quest manual, pick one of group A or C and one of B...only eat group D by itself, etc...thats not exactly it, just to give you an idea...the philsophy behind it is that some people believe that it takes different enzymes in your stomach to digest the food, and if you dont mix them your body will run more efficiently

4 later

TheThrill - basically its like the same thing in the team quest manual, pick one of group A or C and one of B...only eat group D by itself, etc...thats not exactly it, just to give you an idea...the philsophy behind it is that some people believe that it takes different enzymes in your stomach to digest the food, and if you dont mix them your body will run more efficiently

I suspect there is no proof of this enzyme mixing philosophy.

I love bacon an beer...... this is a no go for me

honestly couldnt tell you if theres proof lol...i first came across it in the team quest strength n conditioning manual

edit:they didnt call it the gracie diet, just a section called nutrtition or somethin

4 lata

I think it has merit because when I mix certain foods together I feel bloated and full.  If I stick to a diet similar to Gracie diet, I find that I tend to have more energy and digest the food better.

carlos came up with the diet the story goes, at the same time starting teaching less to work on it.

the basic of the diet,if you eat a dbl dbl no cheese,dont eat fries.the fries and bun are in the same group.

the idea of proper combination of foods sounds like a good idea,easy on your digestive system ,less thing for your body to deal with.just think what your bodies doing to extract the nutrients from the food.work smarter not harder

everyone i know that on it loses weight and feels better

Dawkins - WTF no cinnamon?
no mustard or black peppa either. What are we, savages?!?!?!

Is all the info / latest update all 3 years old? Do they have a CURRENT/up to date webpage? 

pats0 - 
TheThrill - basically its like the same thing in the team quest manual, pick one of group A or C and one of B...only eat group D by itself, etc...thats not exactly it, just to give you an idea...the philsophy behind it is that some people believe that it takes different enzymes in your stomach to digest the food, and if you dont mix them your body will run more efficiently

I like the Gracies, but you are correct. Suzanne Sommers has a diet book about combining/not combining foods. Same idea...no research to support it.

ttt

It is a Food Combination Diet

Here's one which pre-dates it (from the 20's) which is very similar -

Hay Diet -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay_diet

From another site:

THE HAY RULES FOR HEALTH

Starches and sugars should not be eaten with proteins and acid fruits at the same meal

Vegetables, salads and fruits (whether acid or sweet) if correctly combined should form the major part of the diet

Proteins, starches and fats should be eaten in small quantities

Only whole grains and unprocessed starches should be used and all refined and processed foods should be eliminated from the diet

Not less than four hours between starch and protein meals

Milk does not combine well with food and should be kept to a minimum

Don't mix foods that fight, see below chart

List A
Proteins
All meat
All poultry
Cheese
Eggs Nuts Crackers
Fish
Soya
Yoghurt

List B
Neutral Foods
Most vegetables
All salads
Seeds
Nuts
Herbs
Cream
Butter
Olive oil

List C
Starches
Biscuits
Bread
Cakes
Crackers
Oats
Pasta
Potatoes
Rice
Sugar/Honey
Sweets

Mix anything from List A with List B

Mix anything from List C with List B

Never mix List A and C!

Mix vegetables or salads with pulses i.e. beans/lentils - make these and unprocessed foods the main part of your diet

Rick Screeton -  I love bacon an beer...... this is a no go for me

I just had some bacon & beer! They go well together, and provided a very good snack.

I suspect this will not be a combination allowed on the Gracie (or any) diet...

I believe in the gracie way there is a chapter on the gracie diet and that carlos sr worked with a dr in developing a lot of the principles.  take that for what its worth.

pats0 - 

So, if you feel better or perform better while following this diet, but there isn't proof, does that matter?

If there is proof, but you find it doesn't seem to work for you, would you still do it?

i suspect what he's saying is that if there's no proof, why bother?

that is no proof == wacko scheme
proof == i'll give it a shot

regardless of if it works, something that has proof is more likely to be tried than something that isn't, since diets based on sound scientific principles tend to work better than 'it worked for me' ones.

edited a bit