Tell me how to play Dark Souls 2

Easiest class to play? Any important tips for a noob? I don't generally have patience for ultra-tough games like this (although I did beat Rogue Legacy and Spelunky which also had reputations for difficulty) so I'm looking for guidance.

Take it back and get DS3!

Lol, jk...I made it around 20 hrs into 2 and shut it down. 3 is excellent tho, a great Balance of really tough and just forgiving enough to keep you playing. Phone Post 3.0

Casters, Ranged attacks can help drastically when learning the game. Back in the day I destroyed shit with a cleric, lighting spear. Melee can be a motherfucker for those new to the game.

if you aren't hollowed you can summon help from npcs and players if you are having a hard time. Phone Post 3.0

Also shinny items on the ground can lead you into trouble(traps, ambushes). Always be on guard. Phone Post 3.0

Git gud Phone Post 3.0

So ranged is easier? Normally in RPGs I play melee characters but I'm willing to make an exception.

There are a number of classes that work.

I went cleric. Tough in some spots, and a big boost in one area.

A melee fighter is awesome with certain weapons. Phone Post 3.0

Personally I always find melee characters easier and the knight class has a good balance of stats to begin with. 

Vigor gives you more health points so it's probably the most important stat for new players.  If you go melee, Adaptability is also useful (gives you more invincibility frames and makes dodging easier). 

And if you're having trouble, try the rapier.  It's not the most fun weapon but it's fast and does a ton of damage.  Speedrunners use it almost exclusively for those reasons.

Stache -

And if you're having trouble, try the rapier.  It's not the most fun weapon but it's fast and does a ton of damage.  Speedrunners use it almost exclusively for those reasons.

The DS2 rapier? Re-he-heally... Phone Post 3.0

Die a lot. Get angry. Turn off the game swearing you'll never play again. Pick up the controller again 20 minutes later. Repeat. Phone Post 3.0

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+2+Wiki

Learn to refer to the Wiki often, especially as you finish worlds... there are lots of secrets you will miss otherwise, and some of them impact the whole game.

Cutty McButts -
Stache -

The DS2 rapier? Re-he-heally... Phone Post 3.0

lol

The rapier is pretty OP.  Used it a lot when I first started playing.

Step One: Stop being a faggot.

Step Two: See Step One.

McBottery - Die a lot. Get angry. Turn off the game swearing you'll never play again. Pick up the controller again 20 minutes later. Repeat. Phone Post 3.0
This. The real genius of the game is that it teaches you how to get better...

In the most frustrating and painful of ways. Phone Post 3.0

I hated it initially. After forcing myself thru the first few areas I really started to enjoy it. Now I love it like the rest of the souls series.

Advice: Make a fat smiling bearded guy with a red nose, give him ivory kings crown (tiara), butterfly wings, flowered dress and a ladle and have fun invading noobs! Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and watch your soul memory (not soul level) if you want to interact with other players online. Phone Post 3.0

Dark souls 2 is great, I play a heavy shield and longsword block 100 percent and heavy swing counters. I'm stuck at the gargoyles Phone Post 3.0

Brotherhood of blood

Also the pursuer will make you pull your hair out. Phone Post 3.0