Tell me how to play Dark Souls 2

SilcStar - Yes. But not the white knight. He is special. Did you best him? (Was meant to be beat, but spell check works well here) Phone Post 3.0

Well that blows. I hate it when "saving" doesn't actually save your game and is basically meaningless. I had the same problem with Borderlands 2.

I did not fight the white knight. I quit before trying to fight him because I wasn't sure whether I should or not. Is he beatable at the start without having leveled up or anything?

Stache - 
Tomato Can -
SilcStar - 1) saving only happens at a bonfire. Yes it records where you are and everything.

2) enemies (except defeated bosses) respawn whenever you rest. You get health, so do they.

3) the blacksmith. Keep going in the forest, you're almost to the person who has the key to his shop. Phone Post 3.0

Wait, when I got to the white knight, I cleared out everyone around him, and then I saved/quit. You telling me when I continue tonight, I'm gonna be back at the last bonfire with those enemies respawned?

As long as you didn't sit at a bonfire (or die) after clearing out the area, they won't respawn when you load your game and you will start where you left off.  You can make save states in ds2.

Ok cool then I guess I can fight the white knight straight away when I start back up.

Tomato Can -
Stache - 
Tomato Can -
SilcStar - 1) saving only happens at a bonfire. Yes it records where you are and everything.

2) enemies (except defeated bosses) respawn whenever you rest. You get health, so do they.

3) the blacksmith. Keep going in the forest, you're almost to the person who has the key to his shop. Phone Post 3.0

Wait, when I got to the white knight, I cleared out everyone around him, and then I saved/quit. You telling me when I continue tonight, I'm gonna be back at the last bonfire with those enemies respawned?

As long as you didn't sit at a bonfire (or die) after clearing out the area, they won't respawn when you load your game and you will start where you left off.  You can make save states in ds2.

Ok cool then I guess I can fight the white knight straight away when I start back up.

Yes.  Those heide knights are pretty fun.  They have a really weird moveset though so don't be surprised if he fucks you up the first time.  lol

I feel like I already fucked up by not leveling up before leaving Majula. I didn't realize leveling up was so cheap. I already have at least a few thousand souls, should I go back to Majula via the bonfire and level up? Or will that just make everything respawn? If people think the knight is beatable without leveling up then I guess I can just go for it.

The game should be called you fucked up. Don't worry. Everyone messes up...a lot.

Just wait till it gets hard. Phone Post 3.0

There are some MASSIVE ways to fuck up though. Don't attack vendors. You'll probably die because they're strong. And they sometimes don't forget. Phone Post 3.0

Accept death Phone Post 3.0

The easiest way to play Dark Souls is choose knight class, use a 100% physical damage block sheild, and be under 70% equip load.

Tomato Can - I feel like I already fucked up by not leveling up before leaving Majula. I didn't realize leveling up was so cheap. I already have at least a few thousand souls, should I go back to Majula via the bonfire and level up? Or will that just make everything respawn? If people think the knight is beatable without leveling up then I guess I can just go for it.

Go level up and clear the area again.  It will be easier the second time and it's good practice with the mechanics.  I assume you found the bonfire beside the river?

King Mo fan - Git gud Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

SilcStar - What weapon are you using? Hiding behind a shield is a good idea.

There are a number of ways to go about combat. Just surviving is good. Phone Post 3.0
Hiding behind a shield like a coward!!! Grab an ultra greatsword and slay every enemy in a single swing! Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - I feel like I already fucked up by not leveling up before leaving Majula. I didn't realize leveling up was so cheap. I already have at least a few thousand souls, should I go back to Majula via the bonfire and level up? Or will that just make everything respawn? If people think the knight is beatable without leveling up then I guess I can just go for it.
When ever you rest at a bonfire everything in the world reaps end besides special enemies(hiede knights, named invaders). Farming the low level stuff right away isn't a bad idea to get some levels and working on your skills(learn to parry, the game is alot easier if you can) Phone Post 3.0

Best way to play Worst Souls 2 is by throwing it in the trash and forgetting it exists.

I bought the PS4 SotFS version for $40. I could only manage to play it for 6 hours or so. Thst shit is terrible. Phone Post 3.0

Those who are happy about 3 being made easier could lick my ass. I beat dark souls 2 in about 70 hours. I was a melee type fighter.  

Pissed me off to hear that they watered DS 3 down so much.

A simple tip I could give u is to always always always have your shield up when walking or entering a new room.. Bring it down strategically to help recoup stamina when battling.. 

Also, don't get greedy when fighting monsters. If youve found a pattern that is working for a boss or a monster, stick to it. That game punishes the greedy well. You get to the point where you have the boss almost beat. You get greedy and try to hit him once or twice more. You run out of stamina, and get hit only to die. Happened me to a lot. Stick to the game plan. Stick and move

Also, look out for cracks in that one rickety ass wooden bridge that leads to a castle. I remember it took me hours to get to that point, only to fall to my death through cracks on the bridge? I was so livid; I had to turn the game off before I broke the TV

Stache - 

Go level up and clear the area again.  It will be easier the second time and it's good practice with the mechanics.  I assume you found the bonfire beside the river?

Yea that bonfire. First one in the forest, I think.

whooleeo -

Those who are happy about 3 being made easier could lick my ass. I beat dark souls 2 in about 70 hours. I was a melee type fighter.  

Pissed me off to hear that they watered DS 3 down so much.

A simple tip I could give u is to always always always have your shield up when walking or entering a new room.. Bring it down strategically to help recoup stamina when battling.. 

Also, don't get greedy when fighting monsters. If youve found a pattern that is working for a boss or a monster, stick to it. That game punishes the greedy well. You get to the point where you have the boss almost beat. You get greedy and try to hit him once or twice more. You run out of stamina, and get hit only to die. Happened me to a lot. Stick to the game plan. Stick and move

Also, look out for cracks in that one rickety ass wooden bridge that leads to a castle. I remember it took me hours to get to that point, only to fall to my death through cracks on the bridge? I was so livid; I had to turn the game off before I broke the TV

I don't think ds3 was easier, it's just if you are a previous souls player you are accustomed to the gameplay style. Phone Post 3.0

GnP Sonnen -

There are a number of ways to go about combat. Just surviving is good. Phone Post 3.0
Hiding behind a shield like a coward!!! Grab an ultra greatsword and slay every enemy in a single swing! Phone Post 3.0
Someone's getting back stabbed in the forest... (Wait that's DS1)

I used a club, never loved the ultra great sword. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and so you don't do something painful - don't use the boss souls in exchange for souls - ever. keep them for later in the game.

SilcStar -
GnP Sonnen -

Someone's getting back stabbed in the forest... (Wait that's DS1)

I used a club, never loved the ultra great sword. Phone Post 3.0
Ha Phone Post 3.0

SilcStar - Oh, and so you don't do something painful - don't use the boss souls in exchange for souls - ever. keep them for later in the game.
Meh, just look up what they make. If you don't want the weapons/spells they create there's no reason to not cash them in foul souls. Phone Post 3.0