Tell me something important about mma..

That is what I loved about the original events Morgz. Style v style.

It's not a sport for first time slammers.

People try to take shots at me but it doesnt bother me...On account of my judo training!!!

That said..carry on, this thread is very helpful to beginners like myself!

ryanisagarrett -  According to blackhouse, segal has had great success in mma Phone Post

do you really expect to be taken seriously ?

Monsters Ball - 
mrzipplokk - 
MoSubsMoProblems - Judo is probably the least effective martial art utilized.

That is pure sillyness my friend.   I'd say Tae Kwon Do maybe in mma.

Aikido
thai bo ?

Lol @ first time slammers Phone Post

It's a bodybag survival guide Phone Post

It's a bodybag survival guide Phone Post

mrzipplokk -  That is what I loved about the original events Morgz. Style v style.

Me too.  I miss those days.  Now everyone is so well rounded, it's just a different game.  It's still good, just in a totally different way.

When you tuned in you had no idea who they would come up with :-)   Ninja, judoka,  street fighter ?  It was exciting to see the brackets.

Dana should re-visit that old format for a special one time event.

You can't go back to the style vs style days because now everybody is training everything. I mean think about it, if you had a karate guy vs a bjj guy, is it a rule that the karate guy can't defend a takedown? Because that's not in karate, is the bjj guy not allowed to strike? You can't go back to the 1993 days, we have evolved and it is for the better Phone Post

Train Judo- your video after you got banned was classic, and chance of a repost

There is no substitute
for the ultimate
is whats in store
bear witness
to the fitness of the
modern warrior.

you're gonna get hit
you're gonna get knocked out
you're gonna feel it
this is the ultimate

BOOM another hit is landed
BOOM another hit is landed

the stealth of a sniper
the strength of a viper
the training
the challenge
the ultimate fighter

you're gonna get hit
you're gonna get knocked out
you're gonna feel it
this is the ultimate

Do you know who I am bro?

I read Dana is going to have a style v style special event.  To qualify you have to be a true amateur in your sport.  And he is going to do tournament style, probably in Canada to avoid the comissions.

Regardless of how "civilized" we have become - men & women of all cultures have rites of passage to establish and celebrate their strongest, their protectors, their warriors etc and often their leaders.  I think for a while we tried to deny it in western culture, but the rise of mma has clearly shown that we need it & it in fact is an important part of a healthy society. It provides a chance for people to test themselves mentally, physically and spiritually and provides a community for spectators to be a part of where the can make their own mythology. No goofy shoulder pads or skates or hoops required.  It's an outlet for passion & agression as well as a spectacle of human drama. I can't identify with corporate success and climbing the invisible ladder to buy stuff as being alpha.. Ultimately, when the shit goes down that all falls to the wayside and were back at square one: who are our strongest. I love this shit. Win, lose or LNP decision... It's awesome. 

Regardless of how "civilized" we have become - men & women of all cultures have rites of passage to establish and celebrate their strongest, their protectors, their warriors etc and often their leaders.  I think for a while we tried to deny it in western culture, but the rise of mma has clearly shown that we need it & it in fact is an important part of a healthy society. It provides a chance for people to test themselves mentally, physically and spiritually and provides a community for spectators to be a part of where the can make their own mythology. No goofy shoulder pads or skates or hoops required.  It's an outlet for passion & agression as well as a spectacle of human drama. I can't identify with corporate success and climbing the invisible ladder to buy stuff as being alpha.. Ultimately, when the shit goes down that all falls to the wayside and were back at square one: who are our strongest. I love this shit. Win, lose or LNP decision... It's awesome. 

One time this little guy choked out this big guy. It was insane. No one could even believe it. Then big guys were banned from the league until Brock Lesnar came, and now he is the best. 

Where did you read this? Phone Post

The fans complain about everything and thinks that everyone is overrated instead of just enjoying the fights Phone Post