Tell me why my son should be circumcised.

As many of you know my son has been in the NICU the entire duration of his almost 7 week life.

He's endured two brain operations, he has a VP shunt that drains fluid from his brain, and he also had surgery that placed a temporary Gtube. Which is a tube to his stomach that allows us to make sure he's getting whatever food he won't take orally.

That's 3 surgeries in 6 weeks. He's been subjected to numerous tests on top of this.

Now that we've had our last surgery it's time to go home this week finally, the doctor came at us with the question of circumcision. The doc is against, doesn't think there is any medical benefit. Now me personally I'm circumcised, but it wouldn't bother me if he wasn't. He's been through a lot and I don't like the idea of him being cut on any more.

But if I make the choice not to have it don't am I doing him a disservice? What are the benefits of doing it? What are the downfalls of a natural penis? Please help. Phone Post 3.0

He shouldn't Phone Post 3.0

Leave the kid bro.  Let him make that choice once he is an adult.

Don't need to put him through any more unnecessary pain IMO.

Circumcision rates have fallen in a big way.

Antiquated surgery.

No point.

lionsoul -

Leave the kid bro.  Let him make that choice once he is an adult.

Don't need to put him through any more unnecessary pain IMO.

Circumcision rates have fallen in a big way.

Antiquated surgery.

No point.

Leaning this way. Phone Post 3.0

To prevent Dick Cheese you barbarian. 

Had he not been through all this it may be a different story. Phone Post 3.0

I think in normal circumstances the answer is yes but your little guy has been through a lot and I don't see any reason why to continue. As you've stated no real reason or benefit other than having an ant eater down there. Good luck and happy you get to take him home. Have a 3 month boy at home now Phone Post 3.0

Teach him to clean his dick vs genital mutilation Phone Post 3.0

Completely pointless operation. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not circumsized and it's never been an issue. I've never even had it come up in conversation in my entire life. It probably won't impact his life either way so why bother. It is surgery he has already been through a lot.

Turtle power bro! Phone Post 3.0

I got my son cut because I am. I wish I didn't. Not that anything went wrong, but I felt so guilty after for doing this for, really, no good reason. I was relieved that I found out we're having a girl next because I was having conflicting thoughts about what to do if it was a boy. Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - He shouldn't Phone Post 3.0

This.

Pointless, painful, potential complications, pointless.

Let him have it done later in life if he so chooses. Until then, no pointless, traumatic penis operations.

Uncut are more likely to be faggots Phone Post 3.0

TheNothing - I got my son cut because I am. I wish I didn't. Not that anything went wrong, but I felt so guilty after for doing this for, really, no good reason. I was relieved that I found out we're having a girl next because I was having conflicting thoughts about what to do if it was a boy. Phone Post 3.0

In parts of the Arab and Muslim world females get circumcised too.

Disgusting, barbaric, and certainly no joke.

Darup - Uncut are more likely to be faggots Phone Post 3.0

Did you figure this out on the internet doing "research" or in person?

He can handle it ! Your little guy is tougher than most adults dude !! Snip it !! He'll thank you later ! Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Geoff G Electric - He can handle it ! Your little guy is tougher than most adults dude !! Snip it !! He'll thank you later ! Phone Post 3.0

Go mutilate your own genitalia, idiot.

My first son was in the NICU for 10 days, when they asked I declined. Korean hospitals only allowed for 30 minutes of visitation a day, so I just wanted to get him home ASAP.

Passed on it for my second son too, figured they should match.

Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:
Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. ...
Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. ...
Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. ...
Prevention of penile problems. ...
Decreased risk of penile cancer