TERRIBLE PARENTING at my house this past weekend

not by me , of course

FRAT: stupid parent let her kid into our pool and he almost drowned bc he couldnt swim...mom didn't seem to care

had a bunch of people over for Memorial Day BBQ stuff...several of my 5 year old's day care classmates and their parents showed up

one of them, a newly single mom, showed up with her son who was dressed ready to go swimming

the mother comes in, takes a seat and directs her son to join everyone else in the pool

i'm hyper vigilant when we have people and their children over, because of the dangers of pools....so my spidey senses kicked in when i saw how non-chalant the mother was in allowing her child to enter the enclosed pool area  all by himself

the kid jumps in, and as I expected, basically starts the classic Drowning...quietly but frantically bobbing up and down......im already swimming over as another father is and i get to him and lift him out of the pool

this fucking single mom piece of shit didn't even get out of her seat!!!

this kid goes to his mom, cries a bit, then this piece of shit mom starts asking if there are any "Extra swimmies" available so he could go back in the pool, without her supervision

what are parents like this thinking?

of all things to be a bad parent about, letting your kid into a pool when he cant swim is about as bad as it gets, IMO

wtf!?!?!?

Yeah, thats a tough spot to be in. You don't want to make a scene because it's not her kids fault. Maybe next time, fuck her beforehanbd to show your dominance and let her know the rules.

Al Cappucino -

Yeah, thats a tough spot to be in. You don't want to make a scene because it's not her kids fault. Maybe next time, fuck her beforehanbd to show your dominance and let her know the rules.

*fuck her in the ass Phone Post 3.0

did you have to shoot the gorilla that has been living in your pool for 17 years?

tragedy

I wouldn't even let kids with parents I dont know near my pool. If that kid drowns, it's YOUR fault, no matter how stupid the parent is.

This is why gorillas get shot Phone Post 3.0

lol, im sure there were many cases of bad parenting this holiday weekend

never inviting them over our place ever again and I told my wife to not be friends with that piece of shit mom

thing is, she seems like a well to do type, good job, lives in our hoity toity town, etc....

Trash knows no boundaries, class, creed, etc....

vermonter - I wouldn't even let kids with parents I dont know near my pool. If that kid drowns, it's YOUR fault, no matter how stupid the parent is.
Are you autistic, how many cans of beans do you have in your pantry? Phone Post 3.0

vermonter - I wouldn't even let kids with parents I dont know near my pool. If that kid drowns, it's YOUR fault, no matter how stupid the parent is.

yup, im always paranoid bc we have other kids over constantly

no offense to good single momes or those raised by single moms....but the single moms from my kid's daycare have not put on a good showing when it comes to parenting

the single moms are the types to want to drop their kids off and have someone else deal with them

there was another single mom there, and while her kid could swim just fine and wore her own floaties anyway, the mom just sat her stupid ass in the chair all day....not once checking on her kid in the pool

expecting all the dads to play lifeguard

Not sticking up for the trailer trash but maybe the kid had taken swimming lessons so the mother thought he knew how to play in a pool? Either way as a kid my parents never let any of our friends kids go in the pool without some sort of supervision. Good for you for recognizing a potential law suit and saving that kid. Phone Post 3.0

I don't have children. I throw a few big bbq's a year and i usually tell people not to bring kids. I feel bad but every time kids are around, their parents think that since there are a lot of people around, they have a ton of baby sitters. Kids are not being watched and to be honest, my friends are not the ones you want to be minding your kids. And of course I get dirty looks when i shout to stop them from pulling a table over on themselves, or get too close to the grill. We are smoking cigars, playing drinking games, and cursing. I am sure it will be more kid friendly when i have my own around but FUCK you have to watch YOUR children.

baj54 - Not sticking up for the trailer trash but maybe the kid had taken swimming lessons so the mother thought he knew how to play in a pool? Either way as a kid my parents never let any of our friends kids go in the pool without some sort of supervision. Good for you for recognizing a potential law suit and saving that kid. Phone Post 3.0

we asked her if he has been in a pool before, she  said only inflatable kiddie pools

so nonchalant and without any worry about what just happened and what could have happened

i could see why her husband left her, LOL

im just going to post a sign on the gate to the pool and be more anal when people bring their kids over

CelticWarrior - I don't have children. I throw a few big bbq's a year and i usually tell people not to bring kids. I feel bad but every time kids are around, their parents think that since there are a lot of people around, they have a ton of baby sitters. Kids are not being watched and to be honest, my friends are not the ones you want to be minding your kids. And of course I get dirty looks when i shout to stop them from pulling a table over on themselves, or get too close to the grill. We are smoking cigars, playing drinking games, and cursing. I am sure it will be more kid friendly when i have my own around but FUCK you have to watch YOUR children.

100% agree

parents take a little vacation when they go over someone's home for a BBQ

im all for letting the kids play on their own and not hover over them...but the kids need to playing in a kid designated area with parents constantly checking on them...sorry, that's what being a parent is all about

with the pool, lazy parents expect the GOOD parents (who are in the pool with THEIR kids) to also watch their kids

Good on you for saving that kid.  The entitlement and sense self-translation of the phrase "it takes a village" to mean "everyone is responsible for my kids" never ceases to amaze me.  Not surprised to find out that this wasn't a financially stable couple that had been together for quite some time and responsibly planned to have said child.  

On another note, if I'm ever stupid enough to get married, I'd very much like to ban all kids from the wedding.  Does that fly anymore in today's PC society, or is that shunned?

GoFundMyKickStartPal -

Good on you for saving that kid.  The entitlement and sense self-translation of the phrase "it takes a village" to mean "everyone is responsible for my kids" never ceases to amaze me.  Not surprised to find out that this wasn't a financially stable couple that had been together for quite some time and responsibly planned to have said child.  

On another note, if I'm ever stupid enough to get married, I'd very much like to ban all kids from the wedding.  Does that fly anymore in today's PC society, or is that shunned?

the no kids at weddings is totally OK

the only people who would shun you are the parents who are not sensible or reasonable

i love getting a baby sitter for my kid to attend a non kid wedding

dabigchet - a few years ago we had an incident at our pool. like you, OP, i am hyper vigilant about the pool. if kids are over, someone is lifeguarding all of the time. we had an end of school party and had a few families over. one of them had a toddler who just walked up on our deck, took a left and walked right into the pool.

the mom who was lifeguard jumped in immediately in her clothes after her. was actually out of the pool before the parents noticed. this drenched mom holding a kid that wasn't hers saying "whose baby is this?"

amazing

i remember when i was a kid, and my parents would say shit to my brother and I (when we were acting like shits and tkaing them for granted) about how there are many parents out there who do not care for their kids

we'd laugh and scoff at our parents for saying that bc it was so unimagineable for us to think of parents not caring for their kids

they were right all along

In Limbo -
GoFundMyKickStartPal -

the no kids at weddings is totally OK

the only people who would shun you are the parents who are not sensible or reasonable

i love getting a baby sitter for my kid to attend a non kid wedding

I think the no kids at wedding is cool unless they start whining when they have kids.

My aunt and uncle always whined when their kids weren't invited places when they were young but they had a no kids wedding Phone Post 3.0

Pics of Mom???

shaqitup -
Are you autistic, how many cans of beans do you have in your pantry? Phone Post 3.0
I'm am, and that's a solid point. This is theoretical, as I have no friends to have kids to allow near my pool. Autism wins again!

I only have one can of beans. Is that a thing I'm supposed to do? If it helps I have AT least 20 lbs of chicken in my freezer, not to mentions lbs of steak and liver because I'm irrationally afraid of running out...

In Limbo -

yup, im always paranoid bc we have other kids over constantly

no offense to good single momes or those raised by single moms....but the single moms from my kid's daycare have not put on a good showing when it comes to parenting

the single moms are the types to want to drop their kids off and have someone else deal with them

there was another single mom there, and while her kid could swim just fine and wore her own floaties anyway, the mom just sat her stupid ass in the chair all day....not once checking on her kid in the pool

expecting all the dads to play lifeguard

Well, like you, some other man got sick of their shit at some point...