Tesla blocked from MI with law by dealers and GM

scumbag Republican

Drugs_Delaney - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - How is it that republicans can do stupid shit like this, yet still be known as a republican? This is the exact opposite of what a Republican should want, by definition. They should all be known as corporationists. Phone Post 3.0

because libtards, something or other, and some more stupid shit i hear om the OG when certain members feel their side is the better one.
this is the shit we get when we let them do whatever while we fight over who's team is the right one.

Pretty much, it's funny seeing everyone trash various politicians and say the opposing one is so much better, when a lot of them are very good friends.  Even apparently one of Bill Mahers closest friends is Ann Coulter.  Bushs and Clintons are close friends, etc.

If Tesla can get a foothold in enough strategically located states it won't matter anyways. Their buyers are upper middle class to rich and they won't mind taking a weekend trip to pickup a new car.

happened in NJ years ago

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Shocking

The state's want the jobs, taxes and business which comes with franchised dealerships.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - How is it that republicans can do stupid shit like this, yet still be known as a republican? This is the exact opposite of what a Republican should want, by definition. They should all be known as corporationists. Phone Post 3.0
Because the two party system is an illusion. Most establishment politicians are for big government. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like the waitlist in So Cal will be about 12 cars shorter.

Imagine a usable electric car becoming mainstream in the US. Imagine actually not being dependent on oil and the Middle East. Phone Post 3.0

This reminds me of the Devo video, "Freedom of Choice."

"Freedom of choice
Is what we want.
Freedom from choice
Is what we've got." Phone Post 3.0

They need to just get a dealership going and move on. Phone Post 3.0

Right Hand JO Power - They need to just get a dealership going and move on. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah. I don't understand why they're dead set against using dealerships. Will someone please explain that? Phone Post 3.0

White347LX - The state's want the jobs, taxes and business which comes with franchised dealerships.

this

SirPrize - 
Right Hand JO Power - They need to just get a dealership going and move on. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah. I don't understand why they're dead set against using dealerships. Will someone please explain that? Phone Post 3.0

The manufacturer doesn't have to share profits with local dealers. Look at all the employees at any new car dealership. All those paychecks, property taxes, utility bills, construction and maintenance costs are eliminated in the tesla sales model.

We need dealerships about as much as we need real estate agents. Phone Post 3.0

The Model S is already a pricey car.  Forcing them to sell it in a dealership would probably result in another 30-40% markup.  At that price some guys are going to turn their eyes to other high-end cars.  The Model S isn't cheap by any normal standards, but is IS cheap by wealthy-person standards.  My father-in-law has the Model S, but wouldn't at 150-200k.

Freedom and personal responsiblity!

SirPrize -
Right now they have one model and thier profit margin on the car isn't that much. Car dealerships are just middle men that adds thousands of dollars to a car. Phone Post 3.0

In all the places I have lived in the US. The family or families that own the dealerships are by far usually the riches people in that community. Having to purchase through a dealership is more hassle to the consumer. They are only there to provide outrageously expensive service repairs and to hike up the final cost of the vehicle. If I could afford a tesla there would be one sitting in my drive way right now. Guess I'll have to wait till the price comes down. Phone Post 3.0