Tesla is not a real company

according to Jim Cramer, at least.

1 Like

Those fuckers just redesigned an assembly I make a part for that just went into production.

In for cliffs Phone Post 3.0

Missed badly on revenues, production, margin, Capex, expenses, cash flow... And blamed it on "customers were on vacation".  Production issues with the dual motor premium model

Burning staggering amounts of cash, $500m in 4th qtr alone.  Losing $11,000 per car, $5m per day.  Only $2b in cash left.

Yet Musk claims Tesla is gonna be as big as Apple?  Is he high?  They expect to produce fewer cars in 1Q2015, at a lower margin and have greater expenses, yet Musk claims they will earn $0.43 EPS next quarter?  He must be high.  Or sounding more like a snake oil salesman everyday.

I think the bloom really came of the rose this quarter.  

Mark

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000354241&trknav=homestack:topnews:11

Mark

So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign. It said:

THANK YOU LORD FOR THINKING ABOUT ME. IM ALIVE AND DOING FINE.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

2 Likes

What sucks is that the company is being driven out of markets by stupid consumer laws. The big 3 do not want this company to succeed and are willing to do everything in their power to make it happen. If their vehicles were $20-30k cheaper I would purchase a few in a heart beat. Unfortunately the price is a little steep for the market they would like to capture. The blue collar worker is stuck with having to deal with a Prius or a very lackluster Chevy Volt. At this rate, the big 3 will have won the war and Tesla will go the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully they can make some more advancements in battery technology and parlay that technology into something else. Phone Post 3.0

Someone post the video of Jon Stewart ripping Jim Cramer a new one. Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - What sucks is that the company is being driven out of markets by stupid consumer laws. The big 3 do not want this company to succeed and are willing to do everything in their power to make it happen. If their vehicles were $20-30k cheaper I would purchase a few in a heart beat. Unfortunately the price is a little steep for the market they would like to capture. The blue collar worker is stuck with having to deal with a Prius or a very lackluster Chevy Volt. At this rate, the big 3 will have won the war and Tesla will go the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully they can make some more advancements in battery technology and parlay that technology into something else. Phone Post 3.0

Every automaker in the world subsidizes Tesla through ZEV credits.  They buy ZEV credits directly from Tesla.

It would be much worse for Tesla if they couldn't sell imaginary credits to every other automaker.  So so suggest that "the Big 3" are conspiring to kill Tesla is wrong.  The rest of the auto industry props them up, if anything.

And the Model S needs to be $20-30k more expensive to actually turn a profit, not $20k cheaper..  They are already sold at a loss.

Mark

yep, Tesla is losing a bit of its shine...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-stock-gets-downgrade-from-jp-morgan-2015-02-12

Analysts at J.P. Morgan on Thursday downgraded shares of Tesla Motors Inc. TSLA, -6.90% to underweight, from neutral, on Tesla's missed fourth-quarter results. They also cited execution risk as the company aims to be larger, lower fuel prices potentially denting demand for Tesla's future mass-market car, and increased competition for Tesla's electric cars. Tesla on Wednesday reported a surprise fourth-quarter loss and missed its 2014 delivery goal. That underscored "the execution risk associated with scaling production ? a concern we have struggled with for some time in the context of the firm's clearly demanding valuation," the J.P. Morgan analysts said. Tesla kept its delivery guidance of 55,000 cars in 2015, and has said it aims for 500,000 in 2020 and "millions" in 2025. "Even presupposing the demand for these vehicles will be there ... there is also the matter of being able to produce these vehicles at the desired margin rate, for which we think there is some doubt," the analysts said.

Death and Taxes -
baj54 - What sucks is that the company is being driven out of markets by stupid consumer laws. The big 3 do not want this company to succeed and are willing to do everything in their power to make it happen. If their vehicles were $20-30k cheaper I would purchase a few in a heart beat. Unfortunately the price is a little steep for the market they would like to capture. The blue collar worker is stuck with having to deal with a Prius or a very lackluster Chevy Volt. At this rate, the big 3 will have won the war and Tesla will go the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully they can make some more advancements in battery technology and parlay that technology into something else. Phone Post 3.0

They have $35k Model 3 expected to come in a couple years.

At current cash burn rate, they will be out of money well before then.

Wasn't the Model X supposed to be launched already?

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Why do people get hard ons thinking about Tesla failing? Phone Post 3.0

I did an event for SolarCity last year. It was the most clusterfucky company I'd seen in a long time, & that's really saying something given that I work in entertainment.

"What sucks is that the company is being driven out of markets by stupid consumer laws."

No it's not. Those laws suck but Tesla's not taking a beating because of them. Their primary market of wealthy early adopters are annoyed but not deterred.

x FOX x - Why do people get hard ons thinking about Tesla failing? Phone Post 3.0

no one has a hard on wanting them to fail.

its the grandiose attitude that Musk has and the absolute denial of chinks in the proverbial armor of Tesla by the faithful that drive people nuts and turn them off to the company.

personally, i'm a die hard GM guy and love their products, but i'll be the first to criticize some of the horrible decisions they've made over the years. whereas tesla cultists act like musk can do literally no wrong and completely ignore the warnings others have said about the company over the last 3-5 years.

BarkLikeADog - I did an event for SolarCity last year. It was the most clusterfucky company I'd seen in a long time, & that's really saying something given that I work in entertainment.

i believe that. my parents are getting ready to have solar installed and got their intial quotes from solar city. absolute shit show. no follow up from their sales guy, pricing changed multiple times when they did get someone on the phone, etc.

Jim Cramer is a moron. He's a hard on for Tesla for a while now.

We'll see how real they are when they're completely dominating the EV market in 10 years and Ford and GM are still struggling to put out an EV with decent range and doesn't look like it was designed by Homer Simpson.

GM and Ford's best attempts at a high-end luxury EV:

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/homer_15.jpg

^^I really dig Tesla's cars (& I overwhelmingly don't care about cars), so I'd like to see that, BUT I believe we are on the verge of a transportation revolution with ride-sharing apps like Lyft & Uber + autonomous cars. I suspect demand for cars in general is going to go down & demand for the higher-end vehicles that comprise the entirety of Tesla's history is going to be much lower.

10 years out there's no telling where this is going.

If anything will kill them, it will be cash flow problems. They have one model and the market for that model is limited. You can only sell so many 3rd cars to super affluent customers. Without additional product, they are starved for cash. They are burning through money at a ridiculous rate right now.

The only product they have coming up is the model X. Another 3rd car for the ultra rich. Based on yesterday's report, they will be long out of cash before the Model 3 is ready in 2017 (or later)

Mark Phone Post 3.0