Tessa Gone from Impact

I Still can't believe they had a female champion....kinda shit id expect from AEW

1 Like

holy shit they had a female world champion?!?  Is she the first ever for a ‘major’ organization??

Tommy Gunnz -

holy shit they had a female world champion?!?  Is she the first ever for a ‘major’ organization??

Yes she was, she beat Brian Cage for the title shot and then Callihan for the championship.

JJitsu -

Drakes in NWA with the rest of the C level talents but always thought he was decent, but didn’t watch much. I thought him and EC3 were doing a decent job of becoming recognizable as “Impact guys” though. Who are the Impact guys now? 

Drake is one of the best talkers and personalities in the business, good in the ring too. But he butted heads with Demott in developmental, so WWE doesn't like him, and AEW didn't want someone who crapped all over intergender wrestling, so NWA it is. Would love to see him in ROH even though he doesn't fit the mold of a typical ROH championship-tier wrestler (neither did Cody, or Dalton Castle, or even Matt Taven for that matter), but NWA is probably the best fit for him.

Drake also went on his intergender wrestling rant when he was simply booked and announced against Tessa shortly after they started having her wrestle and beat guys. Then he went online, said he didn't believe in it, and wasn't doing it. That was the beginning of the end for the pre-D'Amore & Callis regime's top guy in the company. They clearly didn't like him from the beginning and looked intent on building up Killer Kross to that spot (lol).

One of the Desi Hit Squad tweeted stuff against intergender wrestling shortly after Drake was ousted, and there was a leaked email from Nordhelm of Anthem demanding they fire his ass, but D'Amore informed him it was an angle, lol. Absurd.

evh - 
Wiggy -
evh - 

In another timeline, she would be a great pickup for AEW but they really can’t right now. At least she’s already in Mexico as it is, so she can get right to work out there...

Did they ever want her? You'd think they'd have been able to pick her up after All In, if so.

I thought they had passed on her because she'd developed a reputation of being hard to work with / get along with?

Yeah, that’s the word on her. You know it’s bad if even WWE didn’t want her.

Plot twist:

According to Meltzer today, WWE is interested.

lol. Just...lol.

OMG just watched her edited match with Cage.  That was TERRIBLE.  Had no idea Impact was doing this. Did he strike her at all?  Or was it all throws and holds?

Wiggy - 
evh - 
Wiggy -
evh - 

In another timeline, she would be a great pickup for AEW but they really can’t right now. At least she’s already in Mexico as it is, so she can get right to work out there...

Did they ever want her? You'd think they'd have been able to pick her up after All In, if so.

I thought they had passed on her because she'd developed a reputation of being hard to work with / get along with?

Plot twist:

lol. Just...lol.

I can't wait for her to be forced to publicly grovel at Big E's feet over some inevitable SJW nonsense.

Wiggy -
evh - 
Wiggy -
evh - 

Plot twist:

lol. Just...lol.

WWE is interested and AEW isn't. A week ago I would've guessed the complete opposite.

tj tapper -

OMG just watched her edited match with Cage.  That was TERRIBLE.  Had no idea Impact was doing this. Did he strike her at all?  Or was it all throws and holds?

Doubt he struck. In the few Impact intergender matches I've seen, the announcers lose their minds at the dastardly deed of a male wrestler throwing a strike at the female he's wrestling, and Cage was a face.

Apparently her contract included language that prevents her from disparaging Impact in media after her release. LOL.

They are having a 3-way match between three guys I've never heard of to crown a new champion.