Texas Copenhagen Shoots woman inside her own home

2 Likes

https://www.keranews.org/post/fort-worth-police-officer-fatally-shoots-woman-inside-her-home

A white Fort Worth police officer fatally shot a black woman in her home early Saturday morning.

The woman has been identified as 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson.

Police say officers arrived at a home on East Allen Avenue around 2:30 a.m. Saturday after getting a call that the front door was open. Officers searched the outside of the home with flashlights and observed a person standing inside the home, near a window.

Body camera footage shows an officer yelled: "Put your hands up; show me your hands!" 

"Perceiving a threat, the officer drew his duty weapon and fired one shot, striking the person inside the residence," a police statement says.

Officers entered the home and provided emergency medical care. A firearm was found inside the home, authorities say.

The police department released body camera footage soon after the shooting, but video taken inside the house isn't being released due to state public information law. Evidence is being collected to be sent to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.

The unidentified officer has been placed on administrative leave. He's been with the force since April 2018.

There's more information about community reaction in the news link. 

The biggest problem with the states guns 

That guy who called in the open door must feel like shit right now.

Why not knock on the door/peak in and have another office in the back waiting to see if someone tries to run out the back (assuming there is a back)?

2 Likes

Why does the race of either person involved matter here? The cop who shot never even saw what he was shooting at. 

1 Like

The cop couldnt see her because it was dark and she was black i think

David@accu - 

Why does the race of either person involved matter here? The cop who shot never even saw what he was shooting at. 

It only matters because the shooter was white and the victim was not. The media likes to keep the narrative that racism is a huge issue in the United States, and the easiest way to do that is report on the race of the parties involved in violent actions.

Luke Pukem -
David@accu - 

It only matters because the shooter was white and the victim was not. The media likes to keep the narrative that racism is a huge issue in the United States, and the easiest way to do that is report on the race of the parties involved in violent actions.

Another tactic the media uses to divide the country

1 Like
4ozToFreedom -
Luke Pukem -
David@accu - 

It has to be this.  To divide the country.  The only other reason they would do this is they simply seethingly hate white people.  One or the other. 

David@accu - 

Because they might not have been as trigger happy in a upper class white neighborhood?

banco - 
David@accu - 

Because they might not have been as trigger happy in a upper class white neighborhood?

Might is the correct word meaning in your example this type of incident could have happened..

banco - 
David@accu - 

But you never hear black youths attacked a random white guy in downtown. You just hear a man was attacked by 3 teenagers.

Fighting -
4ozToFreedom -
Luke Pukem -
David@accu - 

It has to be this.  To divide the country.  The only other reason they would do this is they simply seethingly hate white people.  One or the other. 

Black peope have this victim shit shoved down their throats 24/7... it's so degrading 

1 Like

That is what a government hit squad looks like. That was no welfare check.

1 Like
banco - 
David@accu - 

Except more white people are shot by police than black. So if we go by real statistics and not your emotions from what the news feeds you, your story doesn't add up Even if we consider there are far more white people than black, we also have to consider the rate at which black people commit crimes which is infinitely higher than every other race. Black people have more contact with police on a day to day basis than any other race yet they aren't shot and killed at the highest rate. 

Now I know what you might say in response. That black people are 2.5 times more likely to be shot by police than white. I don't think anyone is legitimately trying to say that isn't the case. However "more likely" obviously doesn't translate to actual numbers of people shot, only their "risk" of being shot. They are "more likely" to be shot by police due to the amount of contact with police they have. 

Now before you go into your "OMG YOU ARE SUCH A RACIST FOR POSTING FACTS", please understand I am not saying all black people are criminals or even that all the black people that have been shot deserve it. I am saying of the black people and of the white people who ARE commiting crimes these are the actual stats and they don't match up with the story you are trying to tell. 

You are partially correct in what you said. However you added an extra little word in there that makes your statement incorrect. I agree that police woulnd't be as trigger happy if they were in an upper class neighborhood. I don't see what "white" has to do with it other than emotion. Here in Michigan we have what you might call an "upper class black neighborhood". There is significantly less crime in that part of the city than in other parts of that very same city. Now why aren't the numbers of shootings in both the nice part and the worse off parts, the same? Could it be less risk of violent crime? Could it be because the crime that occurs in the "nicer" part differs from the type of crime happening in the "bad" parts? You know as well as I do that's the exact reason. Black people aren't being shot at the same rate because the crime being done is completely different. 

In "bad" parts of town there are more gangs, more theft, more robbery ect. It doesn't matter what race you put in that situation, the result will be the same. This is evident by the fact white people do get shot more. 

People like yourself do a disservice to the black community and other communities by electing that the problem is with the enforcement of the laws and not the people breaking them. If you want to argue that it's circumstantial I would whole heartdly agree with you that it is. Which is evident by the example I gave. You're not doing anyone a favor by pretending that the crime isn't a HUGE problem in the black community. The good news is, that's it relatively an easy fix if you are willing to accept this fact. Black people aren't inherintly criminals and the problem stems from culture and enviroment. Those can easily be changed if you are willing to accept those are the problems that need to be addressed. However continuing to push this narrative that cops actively look to shoot black people or are somehow inherently racist is what is causing the true damage.

Let's look at this other shooting that occured where the store clerk shot the black guy robbing the Dollar General. While some may laugh at what the dead guys sister had said, I find it tragic. If you didn't see it, she blamed the clerk for all of it and that it's his fault her brother was dead. The clerk had brought his own gun in and shot the guy as he tried to rob the store. His sister thinks the clerks should just "take it" if someone wants to rob them. Where do you think that type of mentality comes from? You could of course say that's just because she is ignorant and that's fine but why is it so common we hear this? This is where that phrase of "din do nuffin" came from. The worst part about it is the "woke white leftists" help push this narrative. The sister is the one feeling wronged in this situation which is ass fucking backwards. However she will be supported in her comments by people such as yourself and feel justified in her feelings. Nobody wants to correct her because leftists like yourself have made it so fucking awkward that any negative interaction with a POC by a white person is already suspect of "racism". I wouldn't be shocked if you were to accuse me of such. You might not but I am saying it wouldn't shock me. 

We need to start addressing the actual problems and stop patronising the black community. 

4 Likes
angryinch - That is what a government hit squad looks like. That was no welfare check.

What would be the benefit? 

And please have something rational, not "one less black alive" 

TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 
angryinch - That is what a government hit squad looks like. That was no welfare check.

You really think that's what a legitimate welfare check looks like?

"rate at which black people commit crimes which is infinitely higher than every other race."

Source?

"Black people have more contact with police on a day to day basis than any other race yet they aren't shot and killed at the highest rate."

Source on both these "facts"? I think you're grossly simplifying a complex issue that would include concepts like "selective enforcement" and commingles things like socioeconomic status as a primary driver vs ethnicity.

angryinch - 
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 

You really think that's what a legitimate welfare check looks like?

Well? Do you think that's what an actual welfare check looks like?