Texas Ends Mask Mandate! Business Open 100% 3/10!

rushinbear -

So what will we say if after a month desths go up in Texas after this state not requiring anything and opening up. Does that mean they made the wrong choice from a death perspective?  And what will we say if they go down?  That they made the right decision. Too hard to say but one will defend their belief. 

What will they say if there is no spike? I’m willing to bet we won’t hear much about it in a month. 

1 Like

why are we forgetting that people have been partying like its 1999 in Florida with little to no restrictions for a while now and they are in bottom half of deaths per million?

why are people pretending like its March 2020?  

Weird 

1 Like

GSpenn fan - 
Average - 
GSpenn fan -
rushinbear - 

So what will we say if after a month desths go up in Texas after this state not requiring anything and opening up. Does that mean they made the wrong choice from a death perspective?  And what will we say if they go down?  That they made the right decision. Too hard to say but one will defend their belief. 

freedom is always the right decision no matter what happens

Which is why you drive 80mp/h in a residential area, think it's ok to give cigarettes and alcohol to 10 year olds, and when somebody gets on your nerves, you use your OG MMA and beat in their faces and snap a few arms. 

Because freedom. 

Fuck society and the shit they're trying to push down our throats!

oh, you are so clever! what a great clap back!

you see the difference is, all the things you mentioned, the vast majority of the public (probably well over 90%) actually agree with all of those rules. Those laws were passed and voted on by state legislators.

mask mandates on the other hand are not unanimously agreed upon and have been executive decrees by governors without there being any votes...

do you see the difference?

Governors weren't elected?

Also, you didn't even try and challenge what Average said because you can't, your post was too retarded for even you to defend.

1 Like

mdmrules - 
GSpenn fan - 
Average - 
GSpenn fan -
rushinbear - 

Which is why you drive 80mp/h in a residential area, think it's ok to give cigarettes and alcohol to 10 year olds, and when somebody gets on your nerves, you use your OG MMA and beat in their faces and snap a few arms. 

Because freedom. 

you see the difference is, all the things you mentioned, the vast majority of the public (probably well over 90%) actually agree with all of those rules. Those laws were passed and voted on by state legislators.

mask mandates on the other hand are not unanimously agreed upon and have been executive decrees by governors without there being any votes...

Also, you didn't even try and challenge what Average said because you can't, your post was too retarded for even you to defend.

Governors don't single handily make laws retard....they sign laws that the legislature votes on.

and yes, I thoroughly "challenged" what average said, but apparently its over your head.

1 Like

People need to be told to fuck off. I'm an American, and I'm free to walk without a mask. If you do not like, kindly go fuck off.

Obviously, no vaccine, no previous covid vax, do what's best for you. If scared, stay home. Easy to do w delivery services.

If you are out and about, don't go piping off comments about not wearing them. It's time for them to come off. Enjoy.

Why is there not one single liberal that is opposed to lockdowns in the slightest? Do none of you own a business? I'm guessing it's a good troll to work ppl up since this whole debacle has hit home personally for many conservatives. 

I appreciated the concern in the beginning since I have several family members with immuno deficient. I have pretty much avoided the virus on and off work and it hasn't affected anyone close to me yet. Many other righties started this way too. It's always some backtracked response. Like ppl and businesses should not be allowed to make the rules. Ppl are too stupid to mask themselves. 

1 Like

choadler -

People need to be told to fuck off. I'm an American, and I'm free to walk without a mask. If you do not like, kindly go fuck off.

Obviously, no vaccine, no previous covid vax, do what's best for you. If scared, stay home. Easy to do w delivery services.

If you are out and about, don't go piping off comments about not wearing them. It's time for them to come off. Enjoy.

I'm with you on all points. Let's go a step further since you mentioned delivery services. They are following safety protocols. I work at a food plant and we follow stricter protocols inside the building. I'm also 50 and haven't missed a day of work for illness in a couple years. Why can't the schools study what UPS and Amazon are doing and get their SHIT together? Because no one is making them. There is a lack of leadership at the state and local levels and the kids suffer as a result. Fvck all the fear mongers. You are not American, you are cowards. And you are making our country soft. 

1 Like

brents180 -
Average -
Altofsky -
thefirst15er -
GSpenn fan -
rushinbear - 

Freedom to use heroin? Freedom to drive drunk? Freedom to drive a plane into a building?   Freedom to hide from a draft during a war?

talking like that leaves out a lot of nuance. When you choose to exist within a society, that comes with societal constraints. If you want to be truly free, you have to move out of civilization.

Liberty within reason is the core principle of this particular society.

Yes there are constraints. A virus that rarely impacts healthy people should not be one of them.

It's quite simple. We know who this virus impacts the worst. The elderly and those with pre existing health issues. These are the people who should be restricting their movements and interactions. The majority who are not at-risk should not be forced to lockdown. 

I agree with this, but the problem with that scenario is that it would never stop. 
Basically, it would mean that you are free to live your live until a certain age, then it's time to stay inside. And of course, if you have the bad luck that you have something (Asthma or say, being obese, which is a big problem in the USA), then your home confinement starts earlier. 

It's not a society that would be worth while to live in. 

Obesity isn't bad luck, it's the result of poor choices. 
Same with the other modern 'health issues' America faces. 

Adult onset diabetes? Get off the couch and exercise. You control what goes in your mouth.  

The lack of personal responsibility is what's killing our society. 

Don't play along. 

You want to discuss? Lets. 
But with stupid strawmen like these... sorry, better things to do. 

mdmrules -
GSpenn fan - 
Average - 
GSpenn fan -
rushinbear - 

Because freedom. 

Governors are not law makers.

1 Like

Average -
brents180 -
Average -
Altofsky -
thefirst15er -
GSpenn fan -
rushinbear - 

Freedom to use heroin? Freedom to drive drunk? Freedom to drive a plane into a building?   Freedom to hide from a draft during a war?

talking like that leaves out a lot of nuance. When you choose to exist within a society, that comes with societal constraints. If you want to be truly free, you have to move out of civilization.

Liberty within reason is the core principle of this particular society.

Yes there are constraints. A virus that rarely impacts healthy people should not be one of them.

It's quite simple. We know who this virus impacts the worst. The elderly and those with pre existing health issues. These are the people who should be restricting their movements and interactions. The majority who are not at-risk should not be forced to lockdown. 

I agree with this, but the problem with that scenario is that it would never stop. 
Basically, it would mean that you are free to live your live until a certain age, then it's time to stay inside. And of course, if you have the bad luck that you have something (Asthma or say, being obese, which is a big problem in the USA), then your home confinement starts earlier. 

It's not a society that would be worth while to live in. 

Obesity isn't bad luck, it's the result of poor choices. 
Same with the other modern 'health issues' America faces. 

Adult onset diabetes? Get off the couch and exercise. You control what goes in your mouth.  

The lack of personal responsibility is what's killing our society. 

Don't play along. 

You want to discuss? Lets. 
But with stupid strawmen like these... sorry, better things to do. 

I don't feel like paging back and quoting your response to me, so I'll just go with this one..

Notice I didn't say anything about mandating the people to stay home. The at risk are still free to go out and do what they like. They just take a risk in doing so. That is a okay. Life is risk. We take risks every day.

1 Like

NiteProwleR - 

Why is there not one single liberal that is opposed to lockdowns in the slightest? Do none of you own a business? I'm guessing it's a good troll to work ppl up since this whole debacle has hit home personally for many conservatives. 

I appreciated the concern in the beginning since I have several family members with immuno deficient. I have pretty much avoided the virus on and off work and it hasn't affected anyone close to me yet. Many other righties started this way too. It's always some backtracked response. Like ppl and businesses should not be allowed to make the rules. Ppl are too stupid to mask themselves. 

Because the modern version of liberal thinking only believes in two concepts...things that are banned and things that are mandated. There is no place for freedom. Freedom suggests that an individual could be responsible for their own choices and actions and this does not fit the ideaology that everyone is a victim.... specifically on lockdowns there is way too much emotional investment in the idea...remember your lefty friend or relative screeching "just stay home!!!" That was not very long ago. They are fully subscribed to that concept and married to it.

Ice Cream truck has returned to the neighborhood.

Public parks have people/kids playing in them, doing physical activities and getting exercise, people interacting with one another without masks just like we used to

Businesses/bars are getting people in them.

The fear is dicipating, but the appreciation for FREEDOM is increasing. It’s fucking awesome!

There’s been so much divide in this country over the past few years for whatever reason/reasons, but so many people of different backgrounds and views, are coming together as one to appreciate no longer being in fear.

Yes I was not this confident early on but time has passed and no one is freaking out, and it’s just really awesome.

I heard Alabama is opening up soon which is great. Although it’s sad to hear how our neighbors up north in Canada seem to be living in fear like how Americans were about 10 months ago. I hope Canadians are tough and aren’t afraid to stick up for what they think is right.

Freedom=Awesome

1 Like

Awesome stuff. Even more so as media ignore you guys completely, and it’s full on with more restrictions, curfews, masks for kids, etc. 3rd wave, variants and blablabla.

Scared peons openly boast how fearful they are, and want more and more. One guy proudly wrote
that since March 2020 he has done way more than requested, he is fully vaccinated yet will keep social distancing and wear a mask for a least two more years as he doesn’t need anyone telling him that, he is responsible and does his part - what about you. Damn. The cowards have had more than a full year of basking in glory.

Most businesses still require a mask but a pretty lenient about it.

Figure, if covid were really that bad every single employee at Walmart would be dead now

2 Likes

Bingo