Texas GOP floats possibility of seceding from US to reassert its status as independent nation

19 Likes

The second that happens, I’d pack my bags and move there. It’ll never happen, but fuck, utopia.

When it took off and flourished it’d be flooded with blue faggots who want a better life.

40 Likes

It would look like the Ukraine does now…

2 Likes

Is Texas financially independent? I know some programs would be cut to save money but as a whole is Texas running in the black?

1 Like

Texas should secede and join Mexico. How’s that for a plot twist?

12 Likes

I would move. 100%.

11 Likes

isn’t secession illegal?

it would be a pointless endeavor since the gop is compromised anyway

3 Likes

The deportations of illegals would be glorious.

20 Likes

yes, states have no right to secede.

This is political theater, not going to happen.

But it gets the marks fired up, as we see here

4 Likes

2 Likes

Any republican that actually wants this to happen is a retard.

Texas would fail as a country almost immediately… and the rest of the US would be democrat run forever. Imagine national elections with 38 less Republican electoral votes and two less Republican senators…

Not to mention there is no legal basis to be able to secede.

This whole thing is just the TX GOP going full on crazy.

8 Likes

So you think the TX GOP is just sitting around trying to think up crazy shit to get attention, and that there isn’t anything substantive behind this?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

The Simpsons Gun GIF

2 Likes

there cant be anything substantive behind it, they cannot possibly do it. do you think texas is going to declare war on the rest of the US?

1 Like

Of course there isn’t anything substantive. It isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

It’d be six months tops before a full scale war between Mexicans & Rednecks broke out and the Rednecks were begging the US for help

Sounds fun to me!

Yes. They are literally appealing to the insane wing of the republican party with going hardcore anti gay (to the point of shutting out part of their own party), claiming the election was fake, and floating secession which is illegal.

None of those positions are winners to anyone outside of the HARD right.

4 Likes

I guess the other red states need to join the movement to leave the union then don’t they?

When federal elections can be stolen like this, and the fed encroaches on states rights constantly, what’s the point of even being in the fucking thing?

7 Likes