Thai Camp?

There are snowboard camps, surf camps, fishing camps...are there any Thai kickboxing camps?
My fiance and I are thinking about going to Thailand, and while she shops for antiques and such I thought I'd sign up for 2 weeks of hell.
Anyone know of any? recommend any?
Thanks
ERD0c

http://www.sityodtong.com/excursions.htm
Contact Mark DellaGrotte

The Sityodtong Muay Thai Academy offers two week training excursions to Thailand. Enjoy the sights,sounds and culture of Thailand. Visit exotic Thai Buddest temples, beautiful beaches and learn authentic Muay Thai at the famed Sityodtong camp in Pattaya City Thailand.

Doesn't fairtex in San Fran have one as well

There are camps in the States all the time, but erd0c sounds on point with the Thailand excursion. But 2 weeks of Muay Thai...Damn. How about a week?

"There are snowboard camps, surf camps, fishing camps...are there any Thai kickboxing camps? My fiance and I are thinking about going to Thailand, and while she shops for antiques and such I thought I'd sign up for 2 weeks of hell. Anyone know of any? recommend any? Thanks ERD0c"

Saw this last night and figured it would drop off, but since it hasnt let me comment quickly. The word "camp" is used in a confusing context in the post above. Camps, like sports camps are common and its hard to not understand what is meant by this. However, "camp" is the word also used to refer to places in Thailand where fighters train Muay Thai. If you are going to be in Thailand I assume that it would be your desire to train at a Muay Thai training location with locals at a "camp". But the way you mention other sports camps is very confusing. I would have concerns about giving you information about training in Thailand if you were unable to tell the difference between camps.

Kaewasamrit... I'm heading there next month for 30 days.

C

actually no, his post was not clear at all hence my comments. I didnt post anything at first because this seemed like something not to serious, like he might be testing the waters. Notice he didnt say where or when he might be going? Maybe being there 2 weeks with a day plus lost on either end for travel is more like 11 days. Really training in Thailand isnt a joke and if he wants to do while his wife is shopping thats great but I wish him luck. My concerns were about his health if this is a good idea in the first place (jet lag, heat, humidity ect) and about his training background. Also, if its something to do to pass time then the places I have experience with are of little use. Is he planning to travel all over remote Thailand working on specific things, I didnt get that feeling. Again I would be VERY concerned telling him or anyone to have fun training in Southern Thailand right now. Im sure kwik could futher brief him on why that might not be a great idea...

All comments are welcome. I love the honesty.
Perhaps I should have clarified.
Most "sports camps" do have different levels of learning, some are concepts based, and some are from the ground up.
Going to Thailand and turning brown and losing 10lbs of water weight are of concern.
I was just hoping there would be: "oh, if you're a newbie you can go here...." or "if you're an experienced person, go look up this person" etc...
Again, thanks for the comments.

erd0c

In all honesty your experience level won't really matter if you're looking to go and train for a few days here and there. Right now the Sityodtong trip is tentatively scheduled for April for Songkran, Mark and I will be going as well as Walter Michalowski from what I understand.

Bit of advice...pick up some cheapo Levi's at Marshalls, some sneakers and American "stuff" to give to your trainer and other people at the camp, that goes a long way towards how well you get treated and trained.

Hey C Hamzeh. What part of Canada are you from. I live in Thailand but Im in Canada with family right now. I am flying back over Jan 7 out of Toronto.
erdOc,Grand Sport gym in Hua Hin has a great facility
and plenty of awsome instructors that can speak English pretty well.

futher, im from calgary.

C