Thales Leites needs to be cut from UFC

Another stinker of a fight. And he lost by decision. Dude was the real reason why Dana was embarassed at the Anderson/Leites fight.

How so you from a main event title fight to prelims? At least Fitch tore it up when that happened to him getting pummeled by GSP, but leites is a sleeper. The snoozefest kind.

Best thing for teh Dana to do is release him so strikeforce picks him up an he can poison M-1 globals 50% of of everything CBS debut.

Agreed.

When I lay down at night, I put on a DVD of Leites and I'm out w/in 2 minutes.

Sometimes, I can't go to sleep to it though cuz it pisses me off.....especially right around UFC 97.

damn tough crowd

I hate to see anyone lose their job

Oddessa -  damn tough crowd

I hate to see anyone lose their job
Come on Odessa.. We want to see guys come to fight, not survive. Or squeek by.

Ryan MacLeod - 
ukMMAisOverrated - Releasing Leites would be a good business move by Dana. He would get picked up by Strikeforce and they would lose their TV deal after his first fight.

If he's released and picked up by Strikeforce the UG will automatically rate him as a top three middleweight.

Well played. Because it's so true.

Better Idea for thread title:

Kr0ndogg needs to be cut from the UG

Ryan MacLeod - 
ukMMAisOverrated - Releasing Leites would be a good business move by Dana. He would get picked up by Strikeforce and they would lose their TV deal after his first fight.

If he's released and picked up by Strikeforce the UG will automatically rate him as a top three middleweight.

lol

looked good vs nate

TheTrollSmasher - Better Idea for thread title:

TheTrollSmasher - Better Idea for thread title:

Sakara was the one running away from Leites because he didn't want to be taken down. Leites was coming forward, got a few takedowns and got mount a few times. I thought it was a bad decision. Not an exciting fight by any means but he should have won.

Thanks for the bump Zippy. I'll link the news article of his release sometime next week. ; )

I was at the fight, and by the third round, half of the crowd had left to go to the rest room/food vendors. It was one of the worst fights I've ever seen and if Leites is on another card I want the UFC to pay me $50 to watch the fight. That guy is a joke. Sakara has been destroyed by everyone who's got him on the ground so Leites has no excuses. My two year old could submit Sakara, and if she could keep it standing could eek out a decision against Leites. I want that 15 minutes of my life back.

Best win of his career was really a loss to Marquart.

I have nothing against the guy, but he is a boring fighter. He should stick to grappling tourneys...seems to be all he wants to do in there anyway.

canuck34 - Best win of his career was really a loss to Marquart.

I have nothing against the guy, but he is a boring fighter. He should stick to grappling tourneys...seems to be all he wants to do in there anyway.

LOL, ain't that the truth. Maybe he should start with local NAGA events as he hasn't submitted anyone in a while.

Apparently he was released after UFC 101.

mkou - Apparently he was released after UFC 101.
Really?? AWESOME! THIS is how we will stop seeing boring Anderson Silva fights. You come into the octogon and run away from Silva for 5 rounds and you get cut the fuck out.. Seeya, dont let the cage door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
mkou - Apparently he was released after UFC 101.
Source?  But not surprising if true.
Well, his Bio has been removed from ufc.com...

http://www.ufc.com/ThalesLeites -- Sorry, The person's information you requested is not available at this time.