Thank god for ALAN BELCHER!

I never really cared about him before and judged him a bit unfairly on his arm drawing but he won me over BIG TIME yesterday on The MMA Hour.

Why?

Because he kept it 100% real and understood where the A. Silva camp was coming from, looking for superfight matchups instead of wanting the contenders that hasn't yet made much of a name for themselves.

Whatever you think of his opinion on this it felt extremely refreshing to hear someone being honest and seeing the big picture, being able to take their own immediate gains/losses out of the equation.

RESPECT!

agree

The biggest fight in the history of MMA awaits Anderson and he chooses to put a BBF necklace around his head and say no thanks! I love Belcher, but the reasoning is full of holes.

Well personally I can see both sides of this.

Maybe Anderson has just a few fights left and in that case I would love to see him fight GSP and Bones.

And of course I see the contenders(weidman etc) wanting to take the crown from Anderson's head rather than fight it out for a vacated belt.

As a fan I'd like to see him do the superfights.

Double.

I agree. And Belcher has also won me over as a fan recently. Phone Post

Agree 100%. Seems like a fighter who gets it Phone Post

Belcher is a boss. Just wish the poor bastard could stay injury free. Went after Paul Harris like his balls were adamantite.

Skeletor68 - Belcher is a boss. Just wish the poor bastard could stay injury free. Went after Paul Harris like his balls were adamantite.

Oh yeah, forgot all about the Palhares fight.

My memory function is a joke but I think I remember thinking Belcher was crazy and a hero going to the ground?

Warzone209 -  Had Alan Belcher not lost to Sexyama he would have got his title shot.   It's kinda hard to justify giving belcher the shot after losing to a guy who lost 4 in a row and got cut or on the backburner and pulled in when they go to Asia.

And Chris Weidman he looks like he is gonna be a beast but I dont think beating Maia who had to leave the division or risk getting cut and Mark Munoz deserve a title shot..Think weidman needs to beat Tim Boetsch/Chael Sonnen/Rich Franklin one of those guys to earn a title shot. 

Weidman Vs Sonnen makes me excited.

Both of them are great and Weidman could turn out to be a world beater in the future.

Belcher seems to be one of the most down to earth fighters out there. He was speaking nothing but truth yesterday on the Ariel's show. Definitely refreshing not only to hear his take on where he stands in the MW division, but also his thoughts on this 151 bullshit when everyone else seems to have bought into the smear campaign from Zuffa against Jones. Hope to see him against Weidman before the end if the year. 

caposa - Belcher seems to be one of the most down to earth fighters out there. He was speaking nothing but truth yesterday on the Ariel's show. Definitely refreshing not only to hear his take on where he stands in the MW division, but also his thoughts on this 151 bullshit when everyone else seems to have bought into the smear campaign from Zuffa against Jones. Hope to see him against Weidman before the end if the year. 

Yupp, refreshing is the word.

I was all wrong about Belcher.

I clearly underestimated his "sharpest shed in the tool"-ness.

Warzone209 -  Had Alan Belcher not lost to Sexyama he would have got his title shot.   It's kinda hard to justify giving belcher the shot after losing to a guy who lost 4 in a row and got cut or on the backburner and pulled in when they go to Asia.

And Chris Weidman he looks like he is gonna be a beast but I dont think beating Maia who had to leave the division or risk getting cut and Mark Munoz deserve a title shot..Think weidman needs to beat Tim Boetsch/Chael Sonnen/Rich Franklin one of those guys to earn a title shot. 

I could see having that opinion on the Akiyama loss if you were just looking at his record, but anyone who actually saw that fight knows how close of a decision that was. I think most people had Belcher taking that and we're surprised the judges gave it to Akiyama. I don't think that loss should effect his standing in the division in any way.

Ever since the sexyama fight. I've had tons of respect for belcher. Imo, he is the next MW champ. I think he can beat everyone in that weightclass if he comes in healthy. He is the talent.

Belcher is getting better and better; it's also a refreshing and humble self-assesment.

It also makes me think that if Chael had the same humble attitude, he'd be way less paid. I'm a fan, and I'll admit his mouth is getting those paydays.

torquemada - Belcher is getting better and better; it's also a refreshing and humble self-assesment.

It also makes me think that if Chael had the same humble attitude, he'd be way less paid. I'm a fan, and I'll admit his mouth is getting those paydays.

Yeah, Chael's talking his way into big fights but he's also one of the most tenacious fighters out there and not a brush off for anyone I think.

Oh, I think he's good, but there are guys as good or better who don't move ppv like him.

Sorry; I'm hijacking the Belcher thread. Heal up, Talent.

Alan's always been a great down to earth dude.  An interesting benchmark is watching him fight Kendall Grove when he was 23 in 2007.  Now watch him.  He's continuously getting better and growing.  

and I felt he won the Akiyama fight, though it was close.  He brought the excitement in that fight.  I mean, who the fuck backs up to the cage and uses it to launch himself forward for a superman punch??  That's got to be a gif somewhere.  I'd really like to watch some of these Roufus training sessions.

I wanna see Belcher beat on Sonnen. Phone Post

"who the fuck backs up to the cage and uses it to launch himself forward for a superman punch??"

He did? Now that's a move I've been fantasizing about a long time.

Didn't know someone had actually done it.

Even more RESPECT for Belcher.