Thank you Chuck!

I just want to congratulate you on a Phenomenal Career and thank you for giving us so many epic wars. While it didnt end on a high note, it is time to hang up the gloves. WAR CHUCK!

*double

belfortfanbrad - cant we just thank him for years of great fights and leave it at that?

I was never a huge fan of Liddell, but he was a great ambassador to the sport and gave us some very memorable moments. He will be missed.

ttt

Chuck will be a good UFC Vice President

What sucks is that Chuck's skill is there, and probably even more than before, but his chin can't handle it.

Best of luck to him, always a fan.

ive never been a chuck fan but much love and respect to one of the greatest fighters to ever set foot in the octagon and ring

Thank you Chuck. I will miss seeing you in the octagon, but your health is much more important than any fan's selfish wishes. Appreciate you always putting it all on the line and giving us so many years of memories. WAR Iceman!

Fite - ive never been a chuck fan but much love and respect to one of the greatest fighters to ever set foot in the octagon and ring

Same here. Always wanted to see him lose lol but he helped the sport grow tremendously at a time when they needed to grow.

he never fought "safe"

never afraid to get hit

made fights exciting

belfortfanbrad - cant we just thank him for years of great fights and leave it at that?

Maybe you can, but I can't.

Personally, I come for the wars but stay for the very real and powerful drama this sport offers night in and night out. Chuck has had one of the most amazing careers in the young history of MMA, but to pretend it has nothing more to teach people is selling Chuck's legacy short. I think young fighters should learn from this guy: both the mistakes he's made and his amazing success.

We'd all love to see Chuck fight until he's 47 like Randy, but he can't. Why not? Of course not everyone is gonna be able to do that but why not 6 more months? why not 2 more years? it because of the life he's lived and the way he fights. I hope fighters and fans learn from this.