Thank you Royce Gracie!!

I know Royce occasionally posts here, and hopefully hangs out and reads even more.

I just want to say, as an American, that we owe you and your entire family a hell of a lot for introducing us to BJJ back in 93. I was 17 then and had zero interest in grappling, all I knew was JKD and boxing and the occasional Thai clinch. And you came along and blew my fucking mind, and obviously a lot of other peoples' too. MMA has become one of my most avid and enjoyable hobbies as a fan, I just love it, and I thank you for that, because had you not been there in the early days I truly believe the UFC would have turned into another "Tough Man" type competition.

I wonder if there were even a thousand people in this country seriously training BJJ in 1992; now there must be at least a quarter million, and for that we owe your family a major league debt of gratitude.

No shame in losing to Matt Hughes, your legacy is what it is, regardless. Many thanks for introducing me to real fighting, real heart, and a pasttime that I will follow for the rest of my life...

TTT just in case this might actually get back to the Gracies...

THANKS ROYCE FOR GIVING ME SOME NEW POINTERS REGARDING THE GRACIE DIET.