That fight can only help Duffees career.

He got KO'd by the best heavyweight in the world in his 7th fight on short notice. The only way to beat the best is to get experience with the best. That 19 seconds in the ring is the best experience he has had so far. Think about it like this, from now on in his training and sparring he is going to be thinking, you are nothing guy, I went toe to toe with a man-horse who is the biggest baddest heavyweight fighter in the world. Duffee will mature and emerge as the next world champ around 28 or so. Look how much bigger and better he is now then when Overeem was his age. Haters gonna hate but 99.999999% of the people who have something to say would be afraid to be in the same room as Overeem much less go toe to toe with him.

"I went toe to toe with a man-horse who is the biggest baddest heavyweight fighter in the world."

That would make sense if he wasn't knocked out in 19 seconds.

^agreed if he would have lasted a couple of rounds it would have made him look tough but that was embarrassing Phone Post

Well if anyone is a "fan" of fighting sports and doesn't automatically give some people respect for taking fights on short notice, I don't care what their opinion is anyway.  I don't really fault him for losing in 19 seconds.  Lots more people know who Duffee is now, he made a good pay day if the check clears, and now he knows what it's like to be in there with the best.  I don't see how it hurts, was either this or wait like 18 months for Strikeforce to find him a fight.

Whats the point of shitting on a guy for fighting someone NOBODY else wants to fight

Two brutal KOs in a row...
Definately a career booster.

If he would have been in a war with Overeem and damn near took him the distance and then KOed - OK a good loss to learn from and know you can hang with the best if you go back and keep working hard...
When you get cleaned out in under half a minute, mmmm not so much good for anything, other than a paycheck.

A Dingo Ate My Creepy -  Well if anyone is a "fan" of fighting sports and doesn't automatically give some people respect for taking fights on short notice, I don't care what their opinion is anyway.  I don't really fault him for losing in 19 seconds.  Lots more people know who Duffee is now, he made a good pay day if the check clears, and now he knows what it's like to be in there with the best.  I don't see how it hurts, was either this or wait like 18 months for Strikeforce to find him a fight.

Whats the point of shitting on a guy for fighting someone NOBODY else wants to fight<br type="_moz" />

Glad someone else is rational here...

He's got no chance in the big US promotions.  He'd have to win his next 100 fights for DW to even consider bringing him back.  What would SF need him for at this point?  

Guybrush_Starkiller6969 - When you're a cocky prick who gets put to sleep twice in a row, that doesn't help your career.

Weldd -  He's got no chance in the big US promotions.  He'd have to win his next 100 fights for DW to even consider bringing him back.  What would SF need him for at this point?  

Your outta your mind man, people are so retarded on here some times. You realize how many prominent heavyweights in todays limelight lost early on in their career before u even knew their names? The only reason why anyone even heard of Todd at such an early age is because he is so good. So many fighters take some lumps early on in their careers. Overeem was knocked out by Bobby Hoffman, Nogs, Hua, Ricardo Arona, Sergei Kharitonov, Chuck Lidell to name a few WAY later in his career then Duffee. Get it right, you reach maturity as a heavyweight to somewhere around 30, this is fact...Duffee will be back very soon to a TV near you.

Guybrush_Starkiller6969 - When you're a cocky prick who gets put to sleep twice in a row, that doesn't help your career.

Besides, if the UG wisdom is correct and once you get KO'd it's easier to get KO'd from then on, it's possible Overeem just fucked this dude's chin for the rest of his career.

He is a humble dude bro...

Lush Rimbaugh - Getting beat in 19 seconds never helps.
Yes.

Guybrush_Starkiller6969 - Once you get KO'd it's easier to get KO'd from then on, it's possible Overeem just fucked this dude's chin for the rest of his career.
Yes.

I couldnt disagree more. Duffee might very well take something positive from this experience but his career has been completely derailed.

DKielbasa - 
Weldd -  He's got no chance in the big US promotions.  He'd have to win his next 100 fights for DW to even consider bringing him back.  What would SF need him for at this point?  

Your outta your mind man, people are so retarded on here some times. You realize how many prominent heavyweights in todays limelight lost early on in their career before u even knew their names? The only reason why anyone even heard of Todd at such an early age is because he is so good. So many fighters take some lumps early on in their careers. Overeem was knocked out by Bobby Hoffman, Nogs, Hua, Ricardo Arona, Sergei Kharitonov, Chuck Lidell to name a few WAY later in his career then Duffee. Get it right, you reach maturity as a heavyweight to somewhere around 30, this is fact...Duffee will be back very soon to a TV near you.

We didn't see Duffee so early because he is so good...if he was so good he would have fought and beaten more than 3 or 4 guys.You are using the same logic as Reem fans use to put him at #1, his looks and potential.
We saw him on TV because he looks like Hercules and the UFC HW division was trying to get bigger to match size with the champ, Brock, at the time.
Mir got huge, they started pushing Carwin big time, they put Todd in the UFC to match size with these guys..and he was not only big but looked like a bodybuilder so that would appeal to many of WWE/TUF fans...many of the same fans that nuthug Overeem just because he's huge and beats up cans.
Dont get it twisted, Duffee was as untested as any local heavyweight with 5 wins.
Now he has been tested and we saw the results.
Plus as someone else said, he's a cocky asshole, so it serves him right as he had not accomplished anything worth being cocky about yet.

He's a young guy, if this is the sport for him he's got a long career ahead of him.  Overeem ain't exactly young.  He earned Reems respect, that's good enough for me.

A Dingo Ate My Creepy -  He's a young guy, if this is the sport for him he's got a long career ahead of him.  Overeem ain't exactly young.  He earned Reems respect, that's good enough for me.

He earned Reems respect because he took the fight on short notice and the fact that he got paid, not because of his skills...

I still don't see how getting KO'd in 19 seconds and not even looking like threatening your opponent in that very brief stint upright is going to help your career.

LOL @ giving a no name fighter props for taking a payday and a fight on short notice. I would have taken the fight if offered 5 figures. Why not? I have good insurance. He embarassed himself by fighting like a mini James Thompson. Dude just went in swinging wildly waiting to get KO'd and went down at the first chance. What a joke.

Neph -  I still don't see how getting KO'd in 19 seconds and not even looking like threatening your opponent in that very brief stint upright is going to help your career.
I'm still trying to figure that out, too.

Sure he may have got his name out there, but probably not in the positive light the OP seems to think.

Todd is a quiet, cool guy. He really does nothing to get all this hype, it just grows on him! It alsc hampers his career, makes him have to be something now, that other guys get time to build into. He is young, has a ton of potential, but all the sudden glamour and fame that surrounded him after and since that 6 second ko, really messed things up. It isnt easy to deal with all that attention all of a sudden, and to me, it confused things for Todd. On this one,He took a fight at extremely short notice, against the top strker of the moment, and got kod. Its really nothing to be ashamed of, he took the fight for the $. Now, hopefully, he can build his career, take the right fights, at the right times, and show his true potential with out all the glitter....and thats what he wants to do! In all my years doing this, Todd has been one of the stragest experiences...6second ko, then gets kod out of no where in the 3rd rd of a fight that was all his, and then gets cut in the oddest way!! All I need to see now is a cow fly!!!

Should have taken the Big Foot fight and the couple fights that probably were offered with it